• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

passenger door lock gave it up

Started by 68_GT, April 30, 2015, 08:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

Has anyone had this problem ?

I can't lock the door..... even if the door lock pin is up or down the door doesn't lock and it doesn't move when I hit the lock / unlock button in the car or with the fob.

how long would the warranty cover that repair ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

ZSHO

There are actually a couple of TSB and one recall pertaining to the interior door handles,would personaly start off by getting the recall fixed if not done so already and while your there mention the issue your having cause it could be your lock latch assembly which is a pretty easy fix,or it could be the door sensor built into the outside handle which is bad,should be covered under warranty.BTW when putting your hand inside the door handle do you hear the actuator moving like the drivers side? Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

PokerMunkee

I had same exact issue on the driver door.

Dealer replaced the lock latch assembly.  Required taking inside door panel off, fairly quick fix if they can get part.

Now I'm paranoid that my doors aren't locking.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

68_GT

mine started working again so I guess I'm good for now but paranoid the door is unlocked all the time now....
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler