• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BG Products....Fuel and oil additives

Started by Scott13SHO, April 28, 2015, 12:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

So what's the word on the street with using BG Products in the 3.5L Ecoboost? I was looking at their testing they did with at 2011 and it seems like it does a good job with cleaning the deposits off the engine. Looking at possibly using their MOA 110 Engine Oil Supplement and BG44K fuel additive...

https://www.bgprod.com/bgfueltest/
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

panther427

Only issue I see with moa is its basically a additive pack in a can. I would have to find the voa from bitog but it seemed to have high zpds. And that would be good but too much phosphorous I think kills cats and o2 sensors.  Other than that the products of there s that I have used have all worked . so maybe use only part of a can instead of the full thing.  The 44k is great stuff.
2013 SHO

CL Donttry

I just did their transmission flush and fluid change which my ford dealer is an authorized BG dealer. As far as engine oil I'm sticking with Mobil 1 its been in every car I've owned without fail.
Dbad1
2012 Taurus SHO modified, K&N CAI,3bar,LMS thermostat, NGK gapped plugs, Unleased DP, LMS Thunderstorm Cat back,LMS 4 plus tune, EBC slotted cross drilled rotors, MGP caliper covers, SHO hood graphics, Chrome grill inserts, Continential Purecontact tires
2010 BMW 528 Xdrive
2015 GMC Sierra SLE

myfender

Maybe it was coincidence but after putting in BG44k in my fuel I had CEL's kick in. "massive evaporative system leak" "out of range on O2 sensor"  reset and came on the next day, after the next take it seemed to clear up.

FoMoCoSHO

SHOdded

Seems like an extreme case, but not out of the norm.  Which vehicle do you have, and how many miles on it?  Ever run FI cleaners through the tank before?  Checked your PCV system & intercooler to see if there's any buildup?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!