• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Best Phone For Sync...

Started by 14SHOCAR, April 27, 2015, 06:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

I currently have an iPhone 5s that I am very annoyed with. Ever since the IOS 8x upgrade my phone has shi*# breaking every release. the only reason why I got the iPhone was back in the day it integrated with the bimmer iDrive so well. What's the age with the sync? I'm due for a corporate upgrade... The sky is the limit........ And go!
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

FoMoCoSHO

My Windows Lumia Icon works great and now with Cortana I can reply to texts as well.

Frozen Taurus

I have had two Samsung's and both worked fine with Sync....the only I can't do is get texts
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

PokerMunkee

My Droid Maxx works fine.  MFT reads my text messages.  If I had to get a new phone now, I'd get the Droid Turbo. 

How are you guys replying to texts??
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

IA 5HO

Quote from: PokerMunkee on April 27, 2015, 11:13:42 PM
My Droid Maxx works fine.  MFT reads my text messages.  If I had to get a new phone now, I'd get the Droid Turbo. 

How are you guys replying to texts??

^^^ I was going to say the exact same thing.  Beat me to it.  Sames phones and everything.

2013 SHO, Deep Impact Blue, 402A, PP
LED Conversion All Around, 5W CREE LED Puddle Lights, MDesign Carbon
Fiber Cold Air Intake, VLEDS V3 Triton Amber/Amber Switchback T/S

wasinger3000

My Note 4 works as expected with sync.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jtoddk98

My iPhone 6 plus works great. No issues at all with sync

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

vernonator

Not sure that its the phone as much as the OS. My Galaxy Note 3 did NOT work with Sync until I got the Android 5/lollipop upgrade now its great. Before that my Android 3.3 Droid X worked until it got upgraded to 4....
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

TSS

My Droid Bionic was flawless with the texts. When I got the Galaxy S4, no more texts. :(
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

14SHOCAR

"I cute story have"  "bummer" <----- SEE! I hate Siri. > : (
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

Airbornemaikai

I had a Lumia and it worked great. Then I got an iPhone 5s and it sucked, like you said, couldn't respond to texts. Back to a windows phone (HTC ONE M8) and it works great again, responding to texts and all
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

markssho

There is another thread, but, many of the older phones running Android 2.3, that support the MAP Bluetooth profile, will be full function with sync on the 10-12 model year SHO's.  I'm not sure about Apple devices, but, if you haven't updated the OS in 4 or 5 years, they should work.

I'm not sure about 13+ as they continue to get sync updates and might be compatible with the changes Google put in versions 4+ of Android.

More details for those of you interested... I went around and around with Motorola, Google Android developers and Ford, only to find that Google changed the 'handshake' and AT commands for the Bluetooth protocol regarding MAP. That protocol within the Bluetooth stack is what's used for the texting.

Ford says that sync worked on devices at that time, and they cannot change the connection protocol due to hardware constraints.

Google and Motorola say tough luck.

Hopefully, Google in all their infinite wisdom, doesn't make more changes to break other, currently working functions.
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC