• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO Windows quit working!!!!

Started by jrb123, April 24, 2015, 07:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrb123

My windows just quit working and start working when they want to. I unplug the fuse and plug it back in or sometimes just wiggle it and it will work. But it's a pain in the ass to do this multiple times a day. Anyone know of a solution or had similar problems. I have a 2011 SHO ONLY 49,000mi

66 Galaxie

Are they unresponsive from all window switches or just the ones on the driver's door?
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

BiGMaC

Sounds like a loose or corroded connection somewhere ... Or a chaffed wire.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

jrb123

All of the switches are unresponsive(driver side&passenger)

ZSHO

Quote from: jrb123 on April 24, 2015, 09:53:48 PM
Did you try replacing the fuse or swap it out for another same amp fuse,or get some electronic cleaner and clean the terminals,sometimes due to moisture and corrossion buildup can lead to intermittent contact.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: jrb123 on April 24, 2015, 09:53:48 PM
Try the relay too

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Could be a fault in the BCM, or you could have wiring exposed to the elements (as suggested earlier).  Any leaks or drips of note?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I kind of also agree with SHOdded also,if its related to the BCM which is typically in the trunk by the drivers side,if so do you have any Codes set starting in UB,if so you need to erase those codes cause probably have thousands stored,basically B codes is just letting you know the BCM is loosing contact for a split second.Z

SHOdded

Anybody know if all the controls are routed through the driver door switches?  If so, it might be worth it to take the door panel off and take a closer look.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jrb123

Yea its a brand new fuse. I reckon ill take it to the ford dealership Monday on my day off....

SHOwoosh

Old topic but mine just stopped working when I pulled into work. Does anyone know the fuse number for the power windows? Owners manual is at the house and it's florida in the summer so of course it's pouring. Also said no key detected but key fob works and Windows/sunroof worked when using the auto feature on key fob. But won't roll up.
2011 SHO PP fully loaded.

Uleashed 93 3bar. Stock everything else. Best run 12.88

Now AJP 3bar still all stock otherwise. Times to come

SHOdded

Owner manuals are available online:
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals-search-results.html?make=Ford&model=Taurus&year=2011

Fuses 1 and 4 in pass compart fusebox, and relay 47 (the long narrow one to the side).

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOwoosh on July 19, 2017, 06:28:45 PM
Old topic but mine just stopped working when I pulled into work. Does anyone know the fuse number for the power windows? Owners manual is at the house and it's florida in the summer so of course it's pouring. Also said no key detected but key fob works and Windows/sunroof worked when using the auto feature on key fob. But won't roll up.
I don't think the windows roll up with key fob!! certainly not on mine. Z