• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

speedometer calibration

Started by J_Persons, April 23, 2015, 08:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Persons

Thinking about changing to an 18" wheel and tire, but the speedo will need to be re-calibrated.  Anyone know the a procedure for this?

AJP turbo

I won't have to do anything at all if u keep the overall tire diameter the same or within about .2"...which is what I would do.....or if u must change far from stock only a tune can make the change...I'll look when I get home but u will need revs per mile
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Only problem with those calculators is that 2 tires of the same dimension can have different revs per mile . The tire mfg will test and certify the tire and the revs per mile changes due to loading and flex of sidewall and makeup and design
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Those factors can definitely change tire height, so can tire wear.  But shouldn't we be worried about all these factors only if we are calculating precision to the nth decimal?  The only reasonably accurate way to calculate rev per mile otherwise would be to compare a new OEM tire with a new "aftermarket" tire on the car, loaded or not.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jmr061

If you pick an any OEM tire size available on the Taurus/PI Sedan a dealer can change it with their IDS software.  Takes 10 minutes.
Jason
16 Edge Sport