• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Possibly trading my 12 GT500 on a 15 SHO

Started by black99lightning, April 10, 2015, 06:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black99lightning

haven't been on here much since trading my 11 SHO for the Cadillac.  My GT500 has pretty much been a major frustration and money pit.  I haven't even been able to swap blowers as just to get the car down the track I had to replace the shifter.  Last visit I installed my Dr's and basically killed a 3K mile factory replacement clutch.  New aftermarket clutch is $1400 plus labor.  I have a TVS on my workbench so the car has easy 10 second capabilities, just not sure if I have the persistence to continue fixing all of Ford's shortcomings with this car.  So.......I'm looking to possibly special order a Magnetic PP 401a, nav, active seats, mayan grey seats, and power roof.  I think I'd miss the GT500, but I still have many other "toys" to play with.   I know if I bring this up on SVTP, my manhood maybe in question.  If you were in my situation what would you do?

Anyone have pics of the seats, kinda hard to really get an idea of their looks off of Ford's site.  And the only local SHO is a non PP with the adaptive cruise and other assorted bullshit and non PP.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

FoMoCoSHO

I may be the wrong person to chime in as I'm not a big fan of mustangs.

Great for a toy but I don't need the complication of multiple cars in my life.

The SHO is a great all around comfortable performing sleeper.

Having owned both non-PP and now with PP, I would highly suggest getting PP.

Ask them to dealer trade for the color/options you want.

It was a PITA for me cause some dealers are dicks about it but we got it all worked out in the end.

I didn't get the colors I wanted but I'm really happy with the color I ended up with.

Great incentives from Ford as of a couple of weeks ago as well.

Wojomojo

Sorry for the issues with the gt500.. I do love mustangs and I traded off mine for the SHO. Just a 2011 v6 though (I was 19 haha, it was high class!)

Part of me really misses the mustang, and I plan on buying a 5.0 coyote in the spring and keeping the SHO also. The SHO is definitely not a direct replacement. It's unique in its own way, but it definitely doesn't replace that Mustang feeling. Something about a rear wheel drive car that just can't be replaced. AWD is wonderful if you're in bad weather a lot like me in northern MN, otherwise the awd system isn't all that sporty. Can't have too much fun with it asides from a straight line.

If you do decide to get a SHO I would definitely get the one you want. I had to drive 500 miles one way to get mine, but I'm happy I did! Didn't want to settle for a car that wasn't what I wanted. Unfortunately I couldn't find a PP edition anywhere so I got everything I wanted except that.

I guess I'd say if you're getting a SHO for a daily driver, go for it. If you have a daily and want the SHO for a weekend cruiser replacement for the gt500, I'd say you'll be missing that gt500 from the first pedal stomp. Just my 2 cents! Not trying to diss the SHO as I love mine, but like I said, it's not a direct mustang replacement, especially a gt500. You could be like my neighbor and have a 750hp gt500 and a stock SHO for a daily ;)

Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

wraitherx

Quote from: black99lightning on April 10, 2015, 06:32:37 PM
haven't been on here much since trading my 11 SHO for the Cadillac.  My GT500 has pretty much been a major frustration and money pit.  I haven't even been able to swap blowers as just to get the car down the track I had to replace the shifter.  Last visit I installed my Dr's and basically killed a 3K mile factory replacement clutch.  New aftermarket clutch is $1400 plus labor.  I have a TVS on my workbench so the car has easy 10 second capabilities, just not sure if I have the persistence to continue fixing all of Ford's shortcomings with this car.  So.......I'm looking to possibly special order a Magnetic PP 401a, nav, active seats, mayan grey seats, and power roof.  I think I'd miss the GT500, but I still have many other "toys" to play with.   I know if I bring this up on SVTP, my manhood maybe in question.  If you were in my situation what would you do?

Anyone have pics of the seats, kinda hard to really get an idea of their looks off of Ford's site.  And the only local SHO is a non PP with the adaptive cruise and other assorted bullshit and non PP.

As a member on SVTP, I do question your manhood.  Joking of course.  Many of the guys on there believe that they are GOD and one of the main reasons why I just browse around and help through PM.  I can understand your frustration with the car though.  When you are fixing the car more then you can enjoy it then it becomes a hassle all the time.  I will say this though, my cobra I have gone through two builds with her and everytime I get to the point where I am thinking of selling her I take her out for a drive and all those thoughts stop.  Being able to get on it on an open road with no one around, hearing your hard work run at tip top shape, getting head turns, and the occassional "kill" just makes me never want to get rid of her.  But you really can't go wrong with another SHO;)
2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

black99lightning

Quote from: wraitherx on April 11, 2015, 02:52:50 PM
Quote from: black99lightning on April 10, 2015, 06:32:37 PM

As a member on SVTP, I do question your manhood.  Joking of course.  Many of the guys on there believe that they are GOD and one of the main reasons why I just browse around and help through PM.  I can understand your frustration with the car though.  When you are fixing the car more then you can enjoy it then it becomes a hassle all the time.  I will say this though, my cobra I have gone through two builds with her and everytime I get to the point where I am thinking of selling her I take her out for a drive and all those thoughts stop.  Being able to get on it on an open road with no one around, hearing your hard work run at tip top shape, getting head turns, and the occassional "kill" just makes me never want to get rid of her.  But you really can't go wrong with another SHO;)

Thanks for the reply.  Still on the fence.   I still have the CTSV and GTO to play with as coupes.  The SHO would take over DD duties for me, as currently I'm DDing the GTO.  Wife DD's the Xsport. 
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8

wasinger3000

I'd definitely pick the SHO over a GTO for DD. But that is just my opinion. The SHO is just a well rounded do all car. Then again the CTS-V is a comfortable car for DD.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

BiGMaC

Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 13, 2015, 06:07:00 PM
I'd definitely pick the SHO over a GTO for DD. But that is just my opinion. The SHO is just a well rounded do all car. Then again the CTS-V is a comfortable car for DD.
Agree... Except when I drove the CTS-V (a '12 with 22K) I found no thigh support and a lot of tire noise from the rear in the coupe, but I did love the power!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

black99lightning

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 13, 2015, 08:55:49 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 13, 2015, 06:07:00 PM
Agree... Except when I drove the CTS-V (a '12 with 22K) I found no thigh support and a lot of tire noise from the rear in the coupe, but I did love the power!

Ours has the Recaros, so plenty of support... maybe a little too firm.  But don't want to put a ton of miles on it, commute roughly 90 miles a day.  The GTO is not a bad commuter.  Good power, large and comfortable for a commute, and automatic. 

I'm waiting on Ford to send me the brochure that I requested.  If it has the $750 coupon that may be a deciding factor, plus I just had to cut the IRS a check for $4930 yesterday so my money to keep blowing on the GT500 is getting less.
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8

Txstrmhntr

I wouldnt question your manhood, as imho the SHO is a gentleman's car, sophisticated, comfortable, and powerful. When I got mine I was actually cross shopping it with Certified preowned C63 AMG, a Hyundai Genesis 5.0R, a preowned S6, and a couple preowned BMWs. In that price range (40-50K) I felt it was the best deal out of the bunch.

Its not the hot rod toy (well for some of us it is) but it is a comfortable daily driver that has elements of performance. If you already have a GTO and a V why not grab the SHO, seems you have the toys already :)
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

sunwolf

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 11, 2015, 02:28:23 AM
I may be the wrong person to chime in as I'm not a big fan of mustangs.

Great for a toy but I don't need the complication of multiple cars in my life.

The SHO is a great all around comfortable performing sleeper.

Having owned both non-PP and now with PP, I would highly suggest getting PP.

Ask them to dealer trade for the color/options you want.

It was a PITA for me cause some dealers are dicks about it but we got it all worked out in the end.

I didn't get the colors I wanted but I'm really happy with the color I ended up with.

Great incentives from Ford as of a couple of weeks ago as well.
What dealer would be a PITA about dealer trading? If I'm spending as much money as I did on a car its going to have everything exactly how I want it.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4