• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Road and Track review of Curtis's car

Started by donky4444, April 10, 2015, 12:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

peppelepugh

What a fun read!!!! and the car looks SICK! Photographer did a GREAT job!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

IHeartGroceries

Lol! Wow. Somebody on another forum linked that in a post, saying it made him think of me. I came here to see if it'd been posted and here it is.

Neat spread in that article. Gotta love the attention. Hope it doesn't violate the sleeper status though.
2013 SHO PP

SHO-TYM

Thank you guys.... I can't tell you how happy I am to have this done.... I was in the right place at the right time with the right tool, and all this was born.  Beat a 2015 Supercharged Jaguar F-Type in a COMPLETELY random street race, and it happened to be the editor and test driver for R&T
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

pejohnson

Awesome article. Great looking car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: SHO-TYM on April 10, 2015, 03:18:05 PM
Thank you guys.... I can't tell you how happy I am to have this done.... I was in the right place at the right time with the right tool, and all this was born.  Beat a 2015 Supercharged Jaguar F-Type in a COMPLETELY random street race, and it happened to be the editor and test driver for R&T
Whaaat. Is that how you earned the spread?!
2013 SHO PP

SHO-TYM

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 10, 2015, 03:44:45 PM
Quote from: SHO-TYM on April 10, 2015, 03:18:05 PM
Whaaat. Is that how you earned the spread?!
HAHA! sure is.... there should be a thread on here somewhere explaining how it all went down...I'll see if I can find it
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHO-TYM

Here is the thread where everything started.... I explain the story on page one, but then Livernois chimes in on page 2 with an even COOLER story.....

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4068.15.html
Road & Track Article

IHeartGroceries

Dang. I missed that threat. That's cool man. That's a great story to tell people. And now you've got the spread to go with it!
2013 SHO PP

SHO-TYM

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 10, 2015, 05:05:55 PM
Dang. I missed that threat. That's cool man. That's a great story to tell people. And now you've got the spread to go with it!

Kinda blows my mind how fast it all happened
Road & Track Article

markssho

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

Silkysmooth02

Sweet article man, these cars really do amaze me.  That's why I picked my 2010 mks ecoboost over a 2010 BMW 550i, it's a super sleeper :)
If ur not first, ur last.......mods: BOV VTA conversion,93 Octane 3 bar tune from Unleashed Tuning,  blue LEDs inside, white outside. 2 JBL GTI Mkii 12" subs, Planet Audio BB2400.1, Big 3, kinetic 1200 deep cycle batt.

mval

agree 100%, best advertising of the sho since 2012 when ford forgot that they even existed. but in a way glad they did, those of us who have a '10-'15 have something special with less than 15k of them sold & the future up in the air for the '16.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen