• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford RS press release

Started by FoMoCoSHO, April 10, 2015, 12:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

PokerMunkee

I can't wait to see how it stacks up against the STi and Golf R.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

peppelepugh

Quote from: PokerMunkee on April 10, 2015, 12:23:09 AM

Before I got my SHO, I had my eye on an STi and a 2012 Golf R.... if this focus RS is what they say it is.... I might trade in the ole land yacht....
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

FracaSHO

Quote from: PokerMunkee on April 10, 2015, 12:23:09 AM

I have a feeling the STI, Golf R, and EVO will be looking at a lot of RS tail lights.
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

IHeartGroceries

The FoRS is going to be nasty. A game changer for sure.

Not saying just because I am a Mazda guy, but don't forget about Mazda. They're expected to be balls deep into development on a new Speed3. It'll boast AWD this time.

I don't suspect it'll knock on the RS' door, but it'll be competitive. It will most certainly weigh less and boast over 300 ponies. It'll cost less too.
2013 SHO PP

ZSHO

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 10, 2015, 10:16:41 AM
The FoRS is going to be nasty. A game changer for sure.

Not saying just because I am a Mazda guy, but don't forget about Mazda. They're expected to be balls deep into development on a new Speed3. It'll boast AWD this time.

I don't suspect it'll knock on the RS' door, but it'll be competitive. It will most certainly weigh less and boast over 300 ponies. It'll cost less too.
I find it amazing that Mazda cx-9 is similiar to our engines and the magority of the parts used are made by Fomoco.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

IHeartGroceries

Yes, indeed. But that is essentially the last model in their fleet which still uses borrowed or co-developed engineering.

Mazda is fully independent now, and Skyactiv tech was fully developed in-house and utilizes zero Ford componentry.

Ford actually took with them Mazda's early GDI tech, as found most originally in the 2006 MS6, sold in 2005. Sure, they made advancements, but believe it or not, FoMoCo borrowed heavily for their earliest EB engines.
2013 SHO PP

SHO-Time

The new 2015 Golf R ran a 12.07 @ 111 mph with just an APR stage 1 tune and intake. The Sti is old ass technology and not even relevant anymore. The new Golf R on the other hand is real hairy and the Ford RS is most likely using that as the gold standard.

http://www.goapr.com/news/2015/04/07/apr-achieves-new-north-american-mk7-golf-r-and-gti-quarter-mile-records/
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*