• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHOcago Meet Up, Tonight 04/04/2015.....

Started by bpd1151, April 04, 2015, 05:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

I know it's last minute notice, however, I wanted to post up for all of you CHI-Town SHO owners, there is a pre-convention meet up tonight, Saturday, 04/04/15 at the host hotel's bar, which is located at the Holiday Inn Chicago/Elk Grove Village, address as follows:

1000 Busse Road
Elk Grove Village, IL. 60007

Meeting up around 7pm, and will likely end up motoring around the Schaumburg area at some point.

Please feel free to come along, and bring your SHO's with too!

BiGMaC

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 04, 2015, 05:24:41 PM
I know it's last minute notice, however, I wanted to post up for all of you CHI-Town SHO owners, there is a pre-convention meet up tonight, Saturday, 04/04/15 at the host hotel's bar, which is located at the Holiday Inn Chicago/Elk Grove Village, address as follows:

1000 Busse Road
Elk Grove Village, IL. 60007

Meeting up around 7pm, and will likely end up motoring around the Schaumburg area at some point.

Please feel free to come along, and bring your SHO's with too!

Drive safe... but throw one back for me!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Pics or it didn't happen ... there I said it :D  Man, it must be fun to be in a SHO-rich area!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on April 04, 2015, 08:46:48 PM
Pics or it didn't happen ... there I said it :D  Man, it must be fun to be in a SHO-rich area!

Small group. But a lot of the tride & true SHO owners, all having been in the SHO circles for decades.

I'm the newest one to this group, having begun hanging out with these guys in late 2010.

This image captured from within the bar attached to the Holiday Inn (Elk Grove Village) which is the Official host hotel for this year's 24th Annual SHO Convention.

This was kind of a pre-convention meeting of the minds to help express ideas and somewhat solidify previous arrangements. Fun time had by all, but we didn't stay out to late, as most of had Easter plans with family.

SHOdded

Looks like a nice spot for The Gathering too!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Looks like a fun time! You should have posted the next pic in the PB group.... iIii ....LOL

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

bpd1151

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 05, 2015, 01:02:55 AM
Looks like a fun time! You should have posted the next pic in the PB group.... iIii ....LOL

Oh yea? You mean this one below?

Ha! You must be subscribed to me on PB I take it then, huh?

Well hopefully it invoked some sense of humor.

Yea, we took that second shot as a joke to those few who stated they were coming out, but then punked out at the last minute, and texted members of our group with all sorts of excuses.

We were all like......  https://youtu.be/dKatJ3spnDc

BiGMaC

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 05, 2015, 08:56:45 AM
Quote from: BiGMaC on April 05, 2015, 01:02:55 AM

Oh yea? You mean this one below?

Ha! You must be subscribed to me on PB I take it then, huh?

Well hopefully it invoked some sense of humor.

Yea, we took that second shot as a joke to those few who stated they were coming out, but then punked out at the last minute, and texted members of our group with all sorts of excuses.

We were all like......  https://youtu.be/dKatJ3spnDc

LOL.... We have some of those buttons too...

That's the one! ...

Actually, I left clicked to get the pic a little bigger for my old eyes.... when that opened as i hovered an arrow appeared to screen-right on the pic... well...  :rofl2:.

bpd1151

Glad you got a kick out of it.

I actually found the link to the bar (posted below) and I must say, I was impressed with the sheer size of it, the hospitality of the staff, and their wide array of micro brews, both Domestic & International, and both on draft, as well as bottled.

Burgers are a must, and they've won awards for a couple of them.

Definitely will be a great convention forthcoming if this is to be a preview of events forthcoming.

http://www.shelbycampbells.com/