• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How much for my SHO...opinions requested

Started by FracaSHO, April 04, 2015, 10:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

Here's the deal. I'm about to build a new house, breaking ground within the next 4 weeks or so. I am considering selling the SHO. We have plenty of cash and equity in our current home to build our new house, so I am in no way putting a strain on my finances by NOT selling the SHO. However, it would help out and take a significant chunk off our mortgage if I did sell. I have decided that I won't sell unless I get top dollar. I would appreciate opinions on how much I should reasonably expect from the right buyer based on your experience and/or personal opinion. Keep in mind I'm in the Chicago area and all things tend to cost a little more than average.

The SHO -

2010 SHO with 401B package (moon roof, heated & cooled seats, and 12 speaker Sony sound system with sync) and Performance Package.

The good - well maintained, garage kept, not seen a lot of snow (didn't drive it at all this past winter, clean, and LOW miles 40,300.

Add ons - SHO fender badges, SEL tail lights (no more peeling trim), Michelin Pilot Sport As/3 tires with only 10,000 miles on them, window tint 35% all around, 170* T stat, NGK plugs 0.030 gap, and LME mycal tuner with stage 4+ tune.

Performance parts yet to be installed - (all new in box) 3 bat MAP sensor, power stop drilled and slotted rotors with pads, Corsa exhaust, PPE catted down pipes, eco power parts hot pipes powder coated black, and Megan coil overs.

The bad - 3 out of 4 wheel have light to moderate curb rash (can be fixed), brakes have < 50% life left, and car fax will show 2 accidents: the first was from before I bought it, but I found out it was rear ended with only damage to bumper which was replaced. The other was when I slid off the road going < 10 mph in fresh snow with the stock eagle f1's. I bumped a tree and passenger door was replaced. No airbags deployed in either instance.

So what should I get for the SHO,  the parts, or as a combo?  Thanks for the input.
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Wojomojo

Unless you find that special person who wants all those modifications, they add no value. You'd be way better off swapping what you can to stock and selling separately. I did this with a mustang I dropped around 5k into.

Do you not have navigation? I have the 401b package on my 2010 as well but have nav also.

As of right now to the right buyer (private sale) I'd guesstimate around 21-22k. The 10-12 SHO's values and dropping pretty hard. The 13+ SHO's are become so much cheaper and most want them instead.

Realistically you could expect a solid 19-20k to a buyer if you tore off what mods you could. Maybe a hair more if the Chicago prices are higher than what I've seen.

As far as trade in, I wouldn't even bother trying especially with all mods you have.

You could easily get 2-3k for the mods you haven't installed yet. I know a lot of people on here would happily take the corsa and brakes off your hands.
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

FracaSHO

Quote from: Wojomojo on April 04, 2015, 11:15:17 AM
Unless you find that special person who wants all those modifications, they add no value. You'd be way better off swapping what you can to stock and selling separately. I did this with a mustang I dropped around 5k into.

Do you not have navigation? I have the 401b package on my 2010 as well but have nav also.

As of right now to the right buyer (private sale) I'd guesstimate around 21-22k. The 10-12 SHO's values and dropping pretty hard. The 13+ SHO's are become so much cheaper and most want them instead.

Realistically you could expect a solid 19-20k to a buyer if you tore off what mods you could. Maybe a hair more if the Chicago prices are higher than what I've seen.

As far as trade in, I wouldn't even bother trying especially with all mods you have.

You could easily get 2-3k for the mods you haven't installed yet. I know a lot of people on here would happily take the corsa and brakes off your hands.

I agree with you about selling the parts separately. To be honest I'd probably return to stock tune to sell the mycal separately, but keep the t- stat, plugs, badges, and tails (not expecting to get any extra on those). I will say that I have been lucky in the past few years getting top dollar for used cars. So much so my dad and aunt had me sell their cars for them, and I've had other requests from family/friends. It's all about finding a buyer who's not just looking for a car, but the car you are selling. They want exactly what you have but can't afford new.

I had in mind no less than $22,000 for the car, and $3,500 for all the parts plus shipping (a little more if sold separately).

And no I don't have Nav, no touch screen. But I wouldn't want Nav anyway, I use maps on my iPhone and paper maps as well.
Brad

Wojomojo

Yeah you're definitely not asking too much at 22k with 40k miles, although it might take a while to sell. I paid 22k for my SHO a little over a year ago with 49k miles. You also have to realize a 13+ sho couldn't be had for under 30k then and now they're going for 27+28k. Nav is a big selling point to a lot of people (even though I don't use mine because it sucks).

Yeah I was gonna say only take off mods that are easy and worth taking off, which really isn't anything except the tuning device.

Best of luck to you either way you do it! If you decide to sell mods definitely let us know! I know I'd be interested in a few of those things :P
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

FracaSHO

If I do sell parts will be sold through this forum, I want to give all my awesome forum friends first dibs, and car will be through auto trader (which I've had much success with). But it's a long shot since A: I will only take top dollar and B: my wife is super cool and already told me she won't let me sell the car since it is paid off.
Brad

SHOdded

Would you replace the SHO (and with what), or is the SHO a nice-to-have for you?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FracaSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 04, 2015, 12:27:00 PM
Would you replace the SHO (and with what), or is the SHO a nice-to-have for you?

I recently acquired a company vehicle ( nothing special) so the SHO became a nice to have car.    All proceeds would go toward new house.
Brad

SHOnUup

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Dibs on the hot pipes...lol

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOw-Me State

I'm sure you will have no trouble selling the parts on here!!
2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.