• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I found a pretty cool article on the comparison study between the 2016 Ford PI and 2016 Explorer which have a limiter set. UNDER PERFORMANCE    http://www.government-fleet.com/article/story/2016/06/police-interceptor-utility-vs-ford-explorer.aspx

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I was driving the other day and had the TPMS sensor  Fault displayed on the LEFT side of the instrument cluster followed by the icon blinking and then just stayed on.....then the next day the warning light went away,but noticed as soon as i PLUG in my monster mini charger to charge my phone the warning light lit up again  leading me to believe the charger is causing some kind of  front interference with the Module causing a B-124D Code and also this video confirms my theory,hope this helps anyone out and saving a trip to the dealer.  Z            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMevsqjSEIQ

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Great tip, Z!  I try to only use Anker brand chargers, they have not caused any hiccups in any vehicle I have driven.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

I just plug into a USB port, but it sure charges slow.  Anyone know the charging rate for the USB outlets in the center console?
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

The TWO USB port's inside the armrest compartment only suffice 5=VOLTS....it explains the slow charging...the front and rear charger ports  are 12=VOLT'S and should only be utilized for charging phones,tablets etc.  Z

FoMoCoSHO

My stuff charges much quicker with the Anker charger and cable combo from the 12v port in the console.

ZSHO

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

My last Nissan had the bronze/gold color Brembo's.  My car/year didn't have them standard so I adapted them to my model.  I can tell you that, up close, the build quality is second to none.  The opposed piston design and overall build was amazing.  The pedal feel and clamping force was insane.  The SHO/MKS at their price deserve those calipers!

If someone offered me a new Ford GT or a 2005/2006 for free, I would have a hard time deciding.  That says a ton about the new one as I consider the previous generation one of the best cars ever built.

PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

sholxgt

On a side note, I weighed my factory wheel/tire combo while off of the car.

Came in at 61 lbs with mostly worn factory Michelin's.  I'm thinking that the tires have lost at least two pounds of rubber since they have 29,000 miles on them and are near end of life.  Tire Rack lists them at 29 lbs when new.  Add in maybe two pounds for the tire pressure monitor/valve stem and I figure that means the factory Lincoln 20" wheel weighs at least 32 lbs. 

61 - 29 - 2 + 2 = 32

Does that seem reasonable?

I am curious because I have been shopping aftermarket wheel options and would like to gain width while shaving at least a little weight.

92BlackGT

Quote from: ZSHO on July 07, 2016, 11:27:13 AM
The TWO USB port's inside the armrest compartment only suffice 5=VOLTS....it explains the slow charging...the front and rear charger ports  are 12=VOLT'S and should only be utilized for charging phones,tablets etc.  Z

all usb ports are 5 volts. what you want to look for is the amperage of the port. a 1 amp port will charge quicker than a 500 milliamp port
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

panther427

2013 SHO

ZSHO

SHOdded