• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I'm not sure how i missed this one.  Z    Explorer/lincoln recalls       http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2016/ford-recalls-vehicles-3-recalls.shtml

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I will be going to p/up my new bottom cover at the Dealer this week and will have them also change the brake fluid,had a bit of change in heart and after doing a bit of research ended up ordering two bottles of Motul synthetic fluid which is somewhat compatible to oem specs and will keep you updated on my initial feel.  Z     http://www.amazon.com/Motul-8068HL-Factory-Percent-Synthetic/dp/B004LEYJO4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00      https://www.motul.com/system/product_descriptions/technical_data_sheets/2636/rbf_660_factory_line_8472_(gb)_1_.pdf    FMVSS 116 DOT 4 / SAE J1703 & J1704 / ISO 4925

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CroR1

Motorcycle gurus swear by motul.

Quote from: ZSHO on April 24, 2016, 01:58:45 PM
I will be going to p/up my new bottom cover at the Dealer this week and will have them also change the brake fluid,had a bit of change in heart and after doing a bit of research ended up ordering two bottles of Motul synthetic fluid which is somewhat compatible to oem specs and will keep you updated on my initial feel.  Z     http://www.amazon.com/Motul-8068HL-Factory-Percent-Synthetic/dp/B004LEYJO4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00      https://www.motul.com/system/product_descriptions/technical_data_sheets/2636/rbf_660_factory_line_8472_(gb)_1_.pdf     FMVSS 116 DOT 4 / SAE J1703 & J1704 / ISO [/b]4925

BiGMaC

This was fun.
Here's a link to the interactive configurator for the '17 Ford GT. I never get tired of looking at the car. I can dream can't I?

https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/?srccode=500291&cks=34168925809&emailid=16q2_ford_xoxx_apr_nl

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

I have been driving with no bottom Splash Shield cover for over two weeks and finally the other day the Dealer installed a new one for me and after driving for a couple of days now noticed my temp gauge fluctuating alot more compared to before and the car seems a bit faster telling me that the cover was put on there for a reason associated with cooling and the aerodynamic aspect is in play,figured i'll share my personal experience since noticing many members driving with no bottom cover,just my 2 cent.  Z

Scott4957

Just thinking about my past cars, how fast they where for the time and I find it crazy to think the SS-MKS, "cuz its a boat" is my fastest car, at least after the meth is tuned. Next in line was my GTO, stock but the MKS will walk all 6 liters of it in the 1/4 no problem. My MazdaSpeed 3 was a beast but no traction and still doesn't have the HP/TQ per pound of the MKS. I had a 2012 Genesis Coupe R-Spec......no comment. My 2012 50th anniversary CBR1000RR, yeah that speed hurt bad. The best memories where with my RSX and my Yamaha FZR600 "didn't wreak that one" I owned them at the same time. My favorite car because it had so many memories tied to it and was my first new car was my 2002 Acura RSX Type S. I look at the numbers and it was so so so slow LOL but the mustangs of that year where just as slow. No one knew what  it was, I had one of the first in the area and would hand GT's their asses all the time. On paper it was a bit behind the GT but with my mods and some better driving I always got the jump and left them behind. Prior to the RSX I didn't have anything that fast but I made sure I got them all up to their max speed, something I avoid now. I'm sure some of you old guys go back much further than that. I started driving in 96-97.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

BiGMaC

Yep some of us are old!  My first car was a rambler station wagon with a flathead v8 and push button automatic, LOL... But I traded her for my first taste of muscle... A brand new '68 charger. Loved it... But it really was a boat and makes my SHO look small by comparison....and yes, our cars would eat it in the quarter even with the hemi.  Couldn't keep the tires engaged.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOme

Ok bit the bullet and went with the UPR catch can.  Ordered from Mike.  I will do plugs T-stat and can when it arrives.
2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOme on May 02, 2016, 02:37:19 PM
Ok bit the bullet and went with the UPR catch can.  Ordered from Mike.  I will do plugs T-stat and can when it arrives.
They're a week behind now, should ship next week.
Thanks!
Mike
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

SHOdded

Good read for sure, thanks bpd & BiGMaC :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

In the spirit of the above, here's a news article on the upcoming new engine/trans combo for the F150:
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2017-ford-f-150-adds-second-gen-3-5-liter-ecoboost-10-speed-transmission/

"The biggest change is that the new V-6 now supplements its direct injection with port fuel injection, meaning there are two injectors per cylinder. In high-load situations, both injection systems work together for maximum power, but in low-load scenarios only port fueling is used, which Ford says improves efficiency."

Interesting, no?

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on May 03, 2016, 06:06:53 PM
In the spirit of the above, here's a news article on the upcoming new engine/trans combo for the F150:
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2017-ford-f-150-adds-second-gen-3-5-liter-ecoboost-10-speed-transmission/

"The biggest change is that the new V-6 now supplements its direct injection with port fuel injection, meaning there are two injectors per cylinder. In high-load situations, both injection systems work together for maximum power, but in low-load scenarios only port fueling is used, which Ford says improves efficiency."

Interesting, no?
Wish someone would make heads for a retrofit.... Keep the intake valves clean!

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 03, 2016, 08:38:43 PM
Wish someone would make heads for a retrofit.... Keep the intake valves clean!
I know, right?  Probably the cheapest solution is still meth injection, though it would be nice to have an in situ solution.