• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on March 30, 2016, 01:10:50 AM
Ugh!  Can't recall, that's still the original valve cover right, not the updated/composite one, Z?  Hopefully the leak is simply a bad seal and not PCV related.
Thanks MANU,had it replaced under warranty back on 12/14 and i'm confident my dealer will do the right thing and sure like the looks of the composite covers though,will keep ya updated.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I visited my local friendly Ford dealer yesterday and essentially had a long discussion with the senior tech which is a good buddy of mine after changing the oil which was pretty darn black at roughly 3k on the oil and even after just changing it he showed me the dipstick and it still looked dirty using Redline full synthetic oil and probably change it again in a couple of weeks,the issue was the extensive idling due to the cold winter months which depleted the oil much quicker and also reiterated to not trust the oil life monitor and urged to install a catch can ASAP Due to the fact of these DGI get much hotter and agreed that it should not be an option but mandatory that an oil catch can come from the factory and certainly be included on the Ecoboost platform and not an alternative,found the UPR and Rx oil catch cans to be far superior and both are great quality units which can be found here,time to get some coffee.LOL  Z    http://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=122&zenid=29cdd10ad0d22818a443812300e660f0 BTW the remote start is a nice feature but does prolong higher idling IMHO.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Good info, Z!  So idling is worse for GDI engines than PFI engines, for example?  Do you think its just the oil doing its thing maybe, different oils clean differently and look different at similar intervals.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

I thought the device on top of the rear valve cover was a type of oil seperator or " catch can" if you will?....and Z have you ever had oil analysis performed?...oil color is not an effective measure for life...i thought you knew that...you need to know total base number remaining...thats a more important factor than color....my oil is black after first start up after an oil change
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

If your referencing to the oil seperator (dirty side)on top of the rear valve cover it simply will not collect all the unmeasurable amounts of blow by due to high boost,compression on the GDI,especially the h20/gas mixture and oil thats found on the TB/CAC/intake charge pipes and hopefully a oil catch can will alleviate those issues,AJ not quite sure on the mileage on your car but my oil always looked golden after an oil change with the exception of yesterdays oil change,another note to mention is the SHO is my DD and on a daily basis do use the remote start feature and does rev higher and longer compared to a normal startup and should limit the feature IMO,as far as the oil life monitor goes personally like to keep any and all new members up to date and informed in that dept and thanks for your insight.  Z :)

AJP turbo

Either way....golden or black...doesnt mean much unless you have oil analysis built into your vision.....you come up with some strange stuff z...i wouldnt worry about limiting use of the remote starter....we clearly have a different idea on what dirty black and gold is...change your oil and go for a ride...your oil will be as black as mine

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 02, 2016, 10:27:57 AM
Either way....golden or black...doesnt mean much unless you have oil analysis built into your vision.....you come up with some strange stuff z...i wouldnt worry about limiting use of the remote starter....we clearly have a different idea on what dirty black and gold is...change your oil and go for a ride...your oil will be as black as mine
:beer2: :beer2: Z

bamsho

Well turned out to be an AWESOME night of racing. Won the True Street class I run in. Was a very tight final. I ran on a 13.12 dial and ran a 13.124 and other car dialed a 16.35 and ran a 16.368. Difference on the victory was .077. Yeah it was tight. When the temps dropped and wind calmed down, I had to keep dropping my dial down. Even the 13.12 I dialed in for the final, I still had to hit the brakes. Thank FORD for upgrading the brakes on these things. Also got a bonus out of this night too. They have a class known as Top Street. They take the fastest 8 cars from qualifying time shot and run them off. They always come from the Modified Street class. Since it was kinda light car count, I didn't know that the also combined True Street cars in the Top Street. Well the SHO made it. I joked all last year, that it would be cool to see the SHO in that class. Well it happened last night. When they called out the line up, I kinda had to do a double take and went up to the tower just to make sure it was right. Yeah it was. So I got to run with the big boys. Weird being the car that was being run down, used to it being the other way. Lost in first round, but didn't matter it was cool. So good way to start out the season!!!

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

BiGMaC

Quote from: bamsho on April 02, 2016, 06:01:38 PM
Well turned out to be an AWESOME night of racing. Won the True Street class I run in. Was a very tight final. I ran on a 13.12 dial and ran a 13.124 and other car dialed a 16.35 and ran a 16.368. Difference on the victory was .077. Yeah it was tight. When the temps dropped and wind calmed down, I had to keep dropping my dial down. Even the 13.12 I dialed in for the final, I still had to hit the brakes. Thank FORD for upgrading the brakes on these things. Also got a bonus out of this night too. They have a class known as Top Street. They take the fastest 8 cars from qualifying time shot and run them off. They always come from the Modified Street class. Since it was kinda light car count, I didn't know that the also combined True Street cars in the Top Street. Well the SHO made it. I joked all last year, that it would be cool to see the SHO in that class. Well it happened last night. When they called out the line up, I kinda had to do a double take and went up to the tower just to make sure it was right. Yeah it was. So I got to run with the big boys. Weird being the car that was being run down, used to it being the other way. Lost in first round, but didn't matter it was cool. So good way to start out the season!!!

Congrats Brian! Just a Taurus  :no1: LOL!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

pejohnson

Congrat  B!  Sounds like a fun time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

92BlackGT

just went over 30k miles last night. time to put another gallon of ATF through and change the PTU fluid
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded