• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

Got some depressing news fellas...

I've been seperated from the wife for a month and I'm pretty sure I'm going the D route.   Never been so happy and with a positive outlook on life, so all is good.

I'm going to sell my SHO.  The '11 F-250 is paid for, so want to get rid of the payment and get $5k back in the bank to pay off a credit card.  Local dealer offered me $23K.  SHO has 30K miles.  It's a fair offer.  Carmax offered me $22K. 

I like driving the truck more anyways and someday I'll get back into a quick sedan.  But I think I'm a truck guy for now.

I'll post back if I sell it.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

So sorry to hear, PM, best of luck with the big D, and with the sale of the SHO.  Sucks you have to do all this, but being happy is way underrated, so go for it.  Def keep us posted with what's going on!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I have been to hell and back on a couple occassions and certainly not an easy ordeal,glad to hear your in good spirits and wish you the best Munkee on a positive outcome on all fronts.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I'm so glad to see the defroster by the built in camera working especially after having a new windshield installed last fall.  Z     :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I was curious if any members received any such notice pertaining to the recalls advised on this link or are any of you familiar with these recalls.  Z        http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Taurus/2013/recalls/                           2013 Ford Taurus FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
NHTSA Campaign #15V812000
[/b]

Date Announced:
DECEMBER 02, 2015
Vehicles Affected:
868[
/b]
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013 Explorer, Explorer Police Utility, Taurus, Taurus Police Interceptor, Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the fuel delivery module may crack, allowing fuel to leak.

Consequence: A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire.

Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel delivery module, free of charge. The recall began on December 21, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 13S04-S1. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V812000 ยป

SHOdded

An update of the earlier recall perhaps?
13V227000:  Ford is recalling certain model year 2013 Explorer, Taurus, Flex, Fusion, Police Interceptor Sedan and Police Interceptor Utility vehicles; and certain model year 2013 Lincoln MKS, MKT, and MKZ vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the fuel delivery module 

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 11, 2016, 10:45:53 PM
An update of the earlier recall perhaps?
13V227000:  Ford is recalling certain model year 2013 Explorer, Taurus, Flex, Fusion, Police Interceptor Sedan and Police Interceptor Utility vehicles; and certain model year 2013 Lincoln MKS, MKT, and MKZ vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the fuel delivery module
Thanks MANU and truly commend you for your fine effort and loyalty on the Ecoboost Platform in every aspect.  Z      :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ZSHO

I guess with the Temp's being in the low digits today noticed some excessive h20 on the rear lower bumper area followed by some black soot exhibited on the floor area and some drops coming from the weep hole of the mufflers,guess she's running nice and rich,Btw need to wash her up but its just to dam cold.lol.   Z

ZSHO

Great Job on (Editing)and organizing some threads,some early Spring cleaning was certainly needed.  Z     :thumb: :thumb:

SHOdded

Do you have an MDesign intake, Z?  Curious if it would help reduce the soot issue.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 13, 2016, 08:55:06 AM
Do you have an MDesign intake, Z?  Curious if it would help reduce the soot issue.
Negative Sir,have the Airaid since new,might put back the stock setup to see if it helps any,Btw noticed brand new SHO'S showing signs of black soot on the tail pipes,makes you wonder!!.  Z :hmmm:

SHOdded

Its all the low quality fuel filled at the dealership ;)

ZSHO

I'v had Navi added to my car for quite sometime now from Jason over at www.fordpimods.com and it has been working Flawlessly,contacted Siruis fm to renew my annual subscription and also to add travel link which is at an additional cost,spoke to Alfred over at Siruis fm and not only did he give me a geat deal but also was able to manually activate the travel link to the added Navi,a win on both fronts.  Z    :thumb:

SHOdded

Cool stuff, Z!  Who says you can't have it all :)