• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 21, 2015, 07:04:02 PM
I think I have a leaky gasket too...I've tried to get some soapy water up there to see, just too hard of an area to see all angles.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Did you install new gaskets X4 ? Or do you think there possibly loose,might need to re-torque those bolts up,here's a pic of mine up top,try to zoom in.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Didn't do the 4x deal...I've checked the bolts countless times also. Thinking I need to try the 4 to be honest.

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 21, 2015, 07:23:45 PM
Didn't do the 4x deal...I've checked the bolts countless times also. Thinking I need to try the 4 to be honest.

I honestly purchased only two of them back then and found the (original)gasket leaking today,BTW any condensation by the flange??Floor area?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

None, that I can see...but I can only see 50-60% of the area. I swear it sounds like a leak, since the day I put them on...

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 21, 2015, 07:35:42 PM
None, that I can see...but I can only see 50-60% of the area. I swear it sounds like a leak, since the day I put them on...

I dont think its affecting any performance based on your outstanding 1/4 runs,Any signs of a rough idle?

SHOnUup

No rough idle, but it has a sound of air coming from the exaust system I swear.

Weird thing is...I ran a 12.42 with just a 3bar tune on stock everything else.

Added all the other goodies, in the range of 4k cost...gained less than a tenth?

Weird it is

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 21, 2015, 07:48:07 PM
No rough idle, but it has a sound of air coming from the exaust system I swear.

Weird thing is...I ran a 12.42 with just a 3bar tune on stock everything else.

Added all the other goodies, in the range of 4k cost...gained less than a tenth?

Weird it is

Its a tough call,sometimes these DP need double gaskets depending on exact fitment and so on,need to grab some grub.  Z

BiGMaC

.--.
  {                      /  q {
  {  '                     (-(~'
{   '.{'                     )
{ ' - { '    .-""""""-.  
{ . _ { '.' /              '.)   
{  _.  { .    {'                    ]
{._    {   '{     ;'-=-.           ]
{ -.  { . ' {   ';-=-.'         /
    {  ._.  {.;     '-=-       .'
       {_.-' ''.__       _,-'
                     [ ][ ]'
                     .='=,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 25, 2015, 05:37:24 PM
                             .--.
  {                      /  q {
  {  '                     (-(~'
{   '.{'                     )
{ ' - { '    .-""""""-.  
{ . _ { '.' /              '.)   
{  _.  { .    {'                    ]
{._    {   '{     ;'-=-.           ]
{ -.  { . ' {   ';-=-.'         /
    {  ._.  {.;     '-=-       .'
       {_.-' ''.__       _,-'
                     [ ][ ]'
                     .='=,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Tom wishing you and your family a happy healthy blessed Thanksgiving.  Z

SHOdded

Good food & Safe travels everyone!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Back at ya fellas!!!

SHOnUup

And I'm beginning to be thankful for the new 5.2

Little video to support that...poor little Z28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtdtGgf1BF0

ZSHO

X2 Buddy,Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and yours.  Z   

ecoboostsho

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 25, 2015, 10:19:59 PM
And I'm beginning to be thankful for the new 5.2

Little video to support that...poor little Z28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtdtGgf1BF0

Great video! You can get $25k off of a Z28 tomorrow though (Black Friday!) That might be worth it!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

CroR1

for the price of both of those, I would rather buy a new/slightly used 2016 z06, for just a slightly more.