• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: Scott4957 on November 20, 2015, 11:40:48 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 20, 2015, 11:34:56 AM
I recently had my local friendly Dealer perform the RDU flush over a month ago and most recently had the trans fluid flush performed,in both cases they needed to be flushed twice at roughly 32-33k on her with the trans fluid flush covered under warranty and the RDU was performed as a courtesy,today received an update in regards to having the PTU performed on my PP SHO which is somewhat a pita,my dealer quoted me 400.00 which will also take roughly 3hrs to perform,but as a (courtesy)for such a wonderful loyal customer they will charge me 150.00 if i bring my own fluid,have an appt at the end of the month and will update you on any findings or possibly some pics to follow,hope this helps anyone considering this procedure. Z

Nice, how did you get them to do the trans flush under warranty? Where you having an issue, or did you just ask? Nice of them to do the RDU as well, and for 150 I would have them do the PTU no question about it. I would like to get all of these done prior to getting too heavy into the mods. What was the result? Were any of them really bad?
TheyThanks for sharing,
Scott
They found the flange seal to be leaking,as mentioned above both units needed to be flushed twice at roughly 32k.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I just had the PTU flush performed at my local dealer and in fact it certainly needed it at 33k,the fluid was black and needed to be flushed out a couple times slowely and the procedure took roughly two hours to have done,he also found a leak on one of the DP and fixed that issue,the only downside was that only Mobil one 75w-140 was only available in such short notice,pic's below as promised and BTW pic of the ptu temp sensor below.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Honestly Z, the fluid being black doesn't necessarily mean the fluid is bad. Fluid analysis is the only real way to know. The company BND Brian uses has this service. I forget their name,but I've got an oil sample ready to ship and they will do my PTU fluid in the spring when I swap it out.

FoMoCoSHO

SHOdded

Great pics, Z.  It's nice to be running fresh fluid for sure, even if the old stuff is not down to the last 0.000001%.  This will give us a chance to see how the Mobil1 performs!  Glad they caught the leak with the DPs also.  So that is the PTU temp sensor?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

CroR1

Quote from: ZSHO on November 21, 2015, 01:55:46 PM
I just had the PTU flush performed at my local dealer and in fact it certainly needed it at 33k,the fluid was black and needed to be flushed out a couple times slowely and the procedure took roughly two hours to have done,he also found a leak on one of the DP and fixed that issue,the only downside was that only Mobil one 75w-140 was only available in such short notice,pic's below as promised and BTW pic of the temp head sensor below.  Z

You got a good deal on doing all that maintainance. Btw, Is that a factory DP, I thought you rocked high flow cats?

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 21, 2015, 02:03:54 PM
Honestly Z, the fluid being black doesn't necessarily mean the fluid is bad. Fluid analysis is the only real way to know. The company BND Brian uses has this service. I forget their name,but I've got an oil sample ready to ship and they will do my PTU fluid in the spring when I swap it out.
I certainly agree with you and surely cannot distinquish the oil by its color but certainly can tell by the gunk buildup on the bolt that the flush was indeed warranted.  Z

ZSHO

Quote from: CroR1 on November 21, 2015, 03:05:06 PM
I just had the PTU flush performed at my local dealer and in fact it certainly needed it at 33k,the fluid was black and needed to be flushed out a couple times slowely and the procedure took roughly two hours to have done,he also found a leak on one of the DP and fixed that issue,the only downside was that only Mobil one 75w-140 was only available in such short notice,pic's below as promised and BTW pic of the temp head sensor below.  Z

You got a good deal on doing all that maintainance. Btw, Is that a factory DP, I thought you rocked high flow cats?
My factory DP have been stored away since 3k,the rest is on my sig.  Z

CroR1

Quote from: ZSHO on November 21, 2015, 03:44:48 PM
Quote from: CroR1 on November 21, 2015, 03:05:06 PM

You got a good deal on doing all that maintainance. Btw, Is that a factory DP, I thought you
rocked high flow cats?
My factory DP have been stored away since 3k,the rest is on my sig.  Z

I guess all pipes are alike lol. The aftermarket do look sweet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 21, 2015, 03:02:10 PM
Great pics, Z.  It's nice to be running fresh fluid for sure, even if the old stuff is not down to the last 0.000001%.  This will give us a chance to see how the Mobil1 performs!  Glad they caught the leak with the DPs also.  So that is the PTU temp sensor?
Correct and thank you.  Z

FoMoCoSHO

SHOnUup

I just had the PTU flush performed at my local dealer and in fact it certainly needed it at 33k,the fluid was black and needed to be flushed out a couple times slowely and the procedure took roughly two hours to have done,he also found a leak on one of the DP and fixed that issue,the only downside was that only Mobil one 75w-140 was only available in such short notice,pic's below as promised and BTW pic of the ptu temp sensor below.  Z
You sir, have a great dealer!!!

I need to come visit I think...lol

What was the cause of the leak on the downpipes by the way?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 21, 2015, 06:34:38 PM
You sir, have a great dealer!!!

I need to come visit I think...lol

What was the cause of the leak on the downpipes by the way?

Any time buddy,the tech's a buddy of mine which has a new Shelby and is a Stang freak,also one of the gaskets were surprisingly leaking,thanks.  Z

SHOnUup

I think I have a leaky gasket too...I've tried to get some soapy water up there to see, just too hard of an area to see all angles.

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.