• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 14, 2015, 05:44:25 PM
Is this for the DWS06, Z?  FoMoCo, enter the zip code, then select the dealer to get to the results page.
Yes sir,think they were for 253.00 ea  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

It was showing me ... gulp ... $300 per at my local dealer :(   others were $253 though!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

66 Galaxie

Try calling Radial Tire in Silver Spring.  They used to have good deals when I lived in the VA/DC/MD area years ago ('95-'05).
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

92BlackGT

after having 3 revisions of a E20 tune performed, switching back to the canned 91 tune sucks! I can't believe how much of a difference the E makes.
I have a road trip coming up for Thanksgiving so I have to switch back to 91. I'm going to try to get a log or 2 with the 91 + ACES to give to Torrie before I head out next week.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

Looking forward to updates!  Have you been able to contact Brian at BND recently?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott4957

Quote from: 92BlackGT on November 18, 2015, 06:01:24 AM
after having 3 revisions of a E20 tune performed, switching back to the canned 91 tune sucks! I can't believe how much of a difference the E makes.
I have a road trip coming up for Thanksgiving so I have to switch back to 91. I'm going to try to get a log or 2 with the 91 + ACES to give to Torrie before I head out next week.

Very interested in this as I ran a 50/50 mix in my Mazda DISI, night and day to say the least. If the fuel system can keep up, or if 20% is enough to keep KR away you can likely move to 87 and save a few bucks, with 50/50 that is what I did and from what I was told I didn't need anywhere near that much E, its just easier and cost less to mix it that way. I'm also interested in combining this with meth though it may be pointless, something to discuss with Torrie.

My random thought of the day: If Anonymous brought down nearly four thousand ISIS twitter accounts were the terrorists correct in saying they were going to get F&@%ed by a bunch of virgins? 
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

SHOdded

Wouldn't half&half 87E10 + E85 net you E48/96 octane fuel, Scott? Are fuel systems on the Mazda rated to handle this/E85, because on the SHO, the max official rating I have seen so far is E20 (E15 for 2010-12 I think).  I know FoMoCo has run E25 in his 2013.

92BlackGT

Quote from: SHOdded on November 18, 2015, 08:37:32 AM
Looking forward to updates!  Have you been able to contact Brian at BND recently?

I haven't. When I called to order a gallon of ACES a month ago, I left a message to order it. It took a few days before he put the order in but I wasn't in a hurry.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Scott4957

Quote from: SHOdded on November 18, 2015, 01:12:23 PM
Wouldn't half&half 87E10 + E85 net you E48/96 octane fuel, Scott? Are fuel systems on the Mazda rated to handle this/E85, because on the SHO, the max official rating I have seen so far is E20 (E15 for 2010-12 I think).  I know FoMoCo has run E25 in his 2013.

Yeah not an issue as far as flow is concerned with the DISI, we could run 100% up to a particular HP level, after that we needed 5th and 6th port. Our issue was with the gunk that would build up in the pump during cool down. Just as the EB, it was cam driven and lubricated by engine oil, it was not perfect and some oil and fuel would mix in the pump. When you shut off the engine that pump was very hot and would boil off the fuel in it, but when it was E85 and oil, it would boil off and leave a sticky black residue in the pump that would build up over time and we started losing fuel pressure because the plunger would not move freely. 50/50 mix had enough gas in it to keep it clean, anything more would start this build up. In the case of the EB it seems to be a flow issue that limits how much E we can use. E and Meth are both fuel and have a cooling effect, I would imagine 20%E with Meth would do well in the EB, we never really did that in the DISI with the stock turbo because 30-50% E ran through fine and was enough fuel "and air" to get the max performance out of the stock turbo. I'm sure some of the upgrade turbo guys ran both E and Meth, but I never researched it much.

I'm very curious if Torrie has tuned a car with both a "splash of E" and Meth. I'm not sure the E would be needed, i would think you can get all the cooling, fuel and the associated benefits of advanced timing, increased boost and still hold off KR with just the Meth. I'm not so sure 20% E would be enough to get the same performance as Meth only. I guess most shave about .5-.6 off their quarter mile time with Meth so maybe a guy running E can share their experience. Some dyno numbers would be nice too.

ZSHO

I noticed this morning that the Sirius travel link free trial is (active),it will be cool and surely helpful if it lasts through the Thanks giving day weekend,enjoy.  Z    :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott4957

Quote from: ZSHO on November 19, 2015, 08:56:52 AM
I noticed this morning that the Sirius travel link free trial is (active),it will be cool and surely helpful if it lasts through the Thanks giving day weekend,enjoy.  Z    :)

They activate it on pre-owned purchases now as well, so mine has been on a couple weeks. It is cool, but I find that the Waze app is much better for traffic and turn by turn. I'm also a Weather junkie so I have a lot of nice apps that are much more detailed then the options on Sirius travel link. Is there anything in there worth using? I just played for a few minutes with it. I had the free Sirius/XM radio several times in  new cars and it always sounded like crap so I never used it or payed for it, can't believe how low quality the audio is. Not sure now they make money with things like Pandora. I guess for sports it would be OK, but I can get much of that from apps and from my dishanywhere app.

Thanks,
Scott

ZSHO

Quote from: Scott4957 on November 19, 2015, 09:27:30 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 19, 2015, 08:56:52 AM

They activate it on pre-owned purchases now as well, so mine has been on a couple weeks. It is cool, but I find that the Waze app is much better for traffic and turn by turn. I'm also a Weather junkie so I have a lot of nice apps that are much more detailed then the options on Sirius travel link. Is there anything in there worth using? I just played for a few minutes with it. I had the free Sirius/XM radio several times in  new cars and it always sounded like crap so I never used it or payed for it, can't believe how low quality the audio is. Not sure now they make money with things like Pandora. I guess for sports it would be OK, but I can get much of that from apps and from my dishanywhere app.

Thanks,
Scott
I find the audio on the SHO subpar and unacceptable,do find the AM  to be somewhat adequate in HD,find the Navigation truly superior,not sure if its due to my new A-6 card and new update,but truly makes up for the areas that its lacking,honestly if you think your audio is low quality then you havent heard the SHO which sounds like pure garbage.  Z

Scott4957

Yeah the audio quality of XM is directly related to the service, not the equipment in the car, sounds like crap no matter what car I have had. I have the THXII 15 speakers 700w in the MKS and it sounds amazing. Its the first car I have had with the HD radio which I really like. In order of quality its XM, then regular FM, and then HD radio/CD or Pandora.

Tons of stations with very little bandwidth and massive compression = Crap.

ZSHO

I recently had my local friendly Dealer perform the RDU flush over a month ago and most recently had the trans fluid flush performed,in both cases they needed to be flushed twice at roughly 32-33k on her with the trans fluid flush covered under warranty and the RDU was performed as a courtesy,today received an update in regards to having the PTU performed on my PP SHO which is somewhat a pita,my dealer quoted me 400.00 which will also take roughly 3hrs to perform,but as a (courtesy)for such a wonderful loyal customer they will charge me 150.00 if i bring my own fluid,have an appt at the end of the month and will update you on any findings or possibly some pics to follow,hope this helps anyone considering this procedure. Z

Scott4957

Quote from: ZSHO on November 20, 2015, 11:34:56 AM
I recently had my local friendly Dealer perform the RDU flush over a month ago and most recently had the trans fluid flush performed,in both cases they needed to be flushed twice at roughly 32-33k on her with the trans fluid flush covered under warranty and the RDU was performed as a courtesy,today received an update in regards to having the PTU performed on my PP SHO which is somewhat a pita,my dealer quoted me 400.00 which will also take roughly 3hrs to perform,but as a (courtesy)for such a wonderful loyal customer they will charge me 150.00 if i bring my own fluid,have an appt at the end of the month and will update you on any findings or possibly some pics to follow,hope this helps anyone considering this procedure. Z

Nice, how did you get them to do the trans flush under warranty? Where you having an issue, or did you just ask? Nice of them to do the RDU as well, and for 150 I would have them do the PTU no question about it. I would like to get all of these done prior to getting too heavy into the mods. What was the result? Were any of them really bad?

Thanks for sharing,
Scott