• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glock-coma

Got her back. Ride is soooo much smoother/quieter
I guess the right rear shock was leaking also but wasn't covered under the extended warranty.  Looks like I'm in the market for some new rear shocks.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

Hopefully the shocks won't be much of a challenge!  Usually the major hurdle is builtup rust :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I found some helpful updated videos that many of you might find useful.  Z     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFateW5KGAI         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nni4miagmps       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atv1Jew9mWg

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Bronzie had to trip to the dealership this week for a P0020 DTC.

They replaced the VCT solenoid and the pigtail. When the car was built, they used tape for strain relief but instead of using a loop, they decided to pull the wires tight then taped it which ended up ruining it.

:Picard2:

They also replaced a leaking battery and did the hub TSB on both axles.

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 14, 2015, 12:16:39 PM

They replaced the VCT solenoid and the pigtail. When the car was built, they used tape for strain relief but instead of using a loop, they decided to pull the wires tight then taped it which ended up ruining it.

Hopefully its a permanent fix in all aspects.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on November 14, 2015, 12:44:02 PM

When the code was present commanded VCT and VCT duty cycle stopped functioning. Data is present again so I think we're good.

I tried to correct the problem with the relief when I found it and it got me a week. The damage had already been done though.

I hope the hub TSB works because the pop ting started after her first track outing. Won't know till next year how well it holds up I guess.

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 14, 2015, 12:56:17 PM

When the code was present commanded VCT and VCT duty cycle stopped functioning. Data is present again so I think we're good.

I tried to correct the problem with the relief when I found it and it got me a week. The damage had already been done though.

I hope the hub TSB works because the pop ting started after her first track outing. Won't know till next year how well it holds up I guess.
I guess a leaking/low battery is certainly not a good thing and sometimes can make an existing situation worse,its like adding fuel to the fire,also do you know if they replaced the thrust washers.  Z

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on November 14, 2015, 01:03:48 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 14, 2015, 12:56:17 PM

I guess a leaking/low battery is certainly not a good thing and sometimes can make an existing situation worse,its like adding fuel to the fire,also do you know if they replaced the thrust washers.  Z
They did replace the thrust washers.

SHOdded

Hope to continue hearing good news on the Bronzie front!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 14, 2015, 04:04:11 PM
Hope to continue hearing good news on the Bronzie front!
Thanks for her new name!

SHOdded

ZSHO

I saw these on the Ford site with a price match guarantee,great overall tire which includes install/high speed forced balancing for lifetime.  Z    https://owner.ford.com/maintenance/tire-finder/search-results.html#/Tire/9OO2%2015500190000

FoMoCoSHO

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 14, 2015, 05:14:27 PM
Link didn't work Z....
Sorry about that,Ford site is not to reliable.  Z

SHOdded

Is this for the DWS06, Z?  FoMoCo, enter the zip code, then select the dealer to get to the results page.