• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 01, 2015, 07:54:12 AM
Good you were able to rectify their error in short order.  Could've been really bad for seals!

Are these the oils you are using, Z?  Noack on Platinum doesn't seem as good as the Ultra?
I have used the ultra on a few occassions,just needed something cheap to to use for a couple hunded miles and change it again,like to do that once in a while(ocd in me)BTW have an appt for the steering wheel and to put the (case)of ultra back in,thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Great idea, esp with winter nearly upon us!  Looking forward to pics of the new wheel in place :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 01, 2015, 08:25:14 AM
Great idea, esp with winter nearly upon us!  Looking forward to pics of the new wheel in place :)
Oh yeah.pics are a must.  Z    :camera_icon:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I guess with all the discussions about the importance of changing out PTU,RDU,Trans fluid we also sometimes neglect the notability of changing another key component which has to do with brake fluid,after reading this link below grabbed my wifes brand new clear turkey baster and sucked some brake fluid out of the reservoir,at 33k the fluid seemed to have a dark golden color compared to the quart of Motorcraft Dot 4 which had a light golden texture,might want to change your brake fluid especially after or preferably before changing your pads or rotors out,just a thought.  Z       http://www.aa1car.com/library/bfluid.htm  Ford, for a time, recommended fresh fluid every 36,000 miles or three years, and to replace the fluid each time the brake pads are changed. Maybe the stopping power may improve after changing the fluid which in time water builds up in the system especially humid areas.  Z

SHOdded

Good reminder.  Have not discussed the relative merits/demerits of the various DOT4 offerings out there either :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I was checking the difference between a 13 & 15 SHO Purge valve,think as of 11/14 they started making an updated purge valve,check out the difference in prices below.  Z      FORD    2015    TAURUS    3.5L V6 Turbocharged    Emission    Vapor Canister
Price
MOTORCRAFT CX2512 {#AG1Z9D653C}  Info
Canister, Bracket & Shield; Excludes California & Green State Requirements
$49.79
Add Part
MOTORCRAFT CX2492 {#AG1Z9D653B}  Info
To 11/30/14; Canister, Bracket & Shield; Excludes California & Green State Requirements (Only 2 Remaining)
Part ImageNext Image
$106.79
Add Part

SHOdded

This is what I get from fordpartsgiant.com.  I think they just dropped the price, maybe?

Part No. CX-2492
Part Description CANNISTER - FUEL VAPOUR STORE
Replaced By AG1Z-9D653-C
Manufacturer Ford. This genuine Ford part is guaranteed by Ford's factory warranty.
Your Price:  $56.45
Retail Price:  $86.98
You Save:  $30.53

Part No. CX-2512
Part Description CANNISTER - FUEL VAPOUR STORE
Manufacturer Ford. This genuine Ford part is guaranteed by Ford's factory warranty.
Your Price:  $56.45
Retail Price:  $86.98
You Save:  $30.53

But on Rockauto, see the same price difference as you did.  Could be the CX2492 has a bracket with it?

ZSHO

I am not sure if anyone else is getting tired and fustrated  since they implemented these red light & speed cameras every mile or so,this is my 4th one this year,my recent one was for 100.00. Guess might have to limit wot.  Z    :minigunner:

SHOdded

Yeah, they are very prevalent in DC, and now in MD (Montgomery County esp) as well.  School buses have their counterparts mounted to them also.  Have to think twice at every light, will likely get rearended one of these days, having good brakes on the Edge, and many folks NOT taking care of their vehicles like they should ...

glock-coma

The SHO went into the Honda dealer where I bought it for warranty work.
They're Replacing both front lower control arms and control arm mounts/bushings.
This is the loaner car they gave me ...lol

2015 Honda Odyssey minivan.... Guess it's better than walking home.
Just a little bit different from the SHO.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

panther427

Well at least there are two good things. Its not a yugo and you can still haul plenty of ass in your borrowed ride. Hope you get your side back soon.
2013 SHO

glock-coma

Should be done by the end of the day if all goes well
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

Time to haul some mulch & firewood!  :D  All I care about is having that builtin vacuum cleaner in the back.

ZSHO

That minivan would of came in real handy in the Spring loading up a big pile of horse manure for the crops,would of been tough explaining the smell though.  Z   :post-204-1185657958:

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on November 04, 2015, 07:18:59 PM
That minivan would of came in real handy in the Spring loading up a big pile of horse manure for the crops,would of been tough explaining the smell though.  Z
LOL