• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

Quote from: BiGMaC on October 10, 2015, 04:12:58 PM
Larry... I applaud your environmental responsibility.... I would have jus thown it in my dumpster and flattened it with a large sledgehammer.

Tom thanks for the compliment but I really don't deserve the mantle of responsibility. I did plenty of environmentally irresponsible things in my youth and I would guess that's probably my natural bent. After many years of marriage, my wife has had a slow and steady effect on my behavior.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

brian.t.flynn.9

My son at dinner last night didn't realise he used the Siracha infused catsup...thanks God I had my phone out!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

SHOdded

OUCH!  He's not gonna come after us for hosting these pics, is he?  :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 11, 2015, 04:33:26 PM
Don't worry, we will just tell him you allowed it.....

;)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Happy Columbus day everyone.  Z      :) :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Thanks, Z!  May it be a day full of cheer, everyone!

ZSHO

I some how happened to run into this video after some cold ones,intresting to see the Ford taurus representing Arabia or maybe Dubai,not sure exactly,hopefully you find the video somewhat unique in its own fashion. BTW there is a contact info available.lol  Z    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYEr5jiPXng

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Interesting.  Hopefully this doesn't mean there's a shortage of console parts over there!

ZSHO

I just wanted to update this article which i found on the 2015 Ford explorer having an issue with brake hoses,hope this helps someone out.  Z     October 3, 2015 — Ford Explorer Police Interceptor SUVs will get a closer look as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) expands its investigation into brake hose problems. The original investigation was opened in May 2015, after complaints about problems with the front brake jounce hoses that can cause a sudden loss of braking.

NHTSA opened the investigation with 10,000 of the model year 2015 Explorer SUVs involved, but that number has grown to 20,000.   Full article can be found on this link.          http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2015/investigation-ford-explorer-police-interceptors.shtml

SHOdded

brian.t.flynn.9

Quote from: SHOdded on October 11, 2015, 04:33:26 PM
Nope...I own the rights as well as his ass!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I guess with old man winter around the corner was curious to know if the Motorcraft battery is maintenance free or if it requires adding water,this is directly from the manuel,hope this helps someone in NOT ADDING WATER  to your existing MC battery.  Z          Your vehicle is equipped with a Motorcraft® maintenance-free battery
which normally does not require additional water during its life of
service.
Note: If your battery has a cover or a shield, make sure it is reinstalled
after the battery has been cleaned or replaced.
For longer, trouble-free operation, keep the top of the battery clean and
dry. Also, make certain the battery cables are always tightly fastened to
the battery terminals.
If you see any corrosion on the battery or terminals, remove the cables
from the terminals and clean with a wire brush. You can neutralize the
acid with a solution of baking soda and water.
It is recommended that the negative battery cable terminal be
disconnected from the battery if you plan to store your vehicle for an
extended period of time.

SHOdded

Interesting.  Note the use of the word "normally" indicating there might be times when you might want to top it off.  With the correct electrolytes of course.  Are the caps easily removable?  If not, then definitely do not top up.

NOTE:  Replacement is a better idea in the long run if the battery is problematic.  Felt washers under the terminals and battery protector spray should be installed when the new battery is installed.

ZSHO

-MANU certainly agree and the caps are accessible friendly,just grab a small flat head screw driver and gently pry each corner of the caps section at a time,mine seemed pretty adequate compared to my original which needed about a large cup of distilled water before having to be replaced under warranty.  Z