• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

Went by Ford dealer to get an oil change, told 2 hour wait.  Said f it, did my first oil change on the SHO today at 25k miles.  Penzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 and Motorcraft 500-S filter.  Not too bad, sucks how low the car is even on rhino ramps. 

Need new tires though, cords showing on the fronts.  Going to put winters on this week.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BigPelo

Quote from: ZSHO on October 03, 2015, 01:40:39 PM
Quote from: BigPelo on October 03, 2015, 11:13:41 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 02, 2015, 11:16:19 AM
I know the awd and engine hours can be added to the left side of the instrument cluster via IDS software,dealer programming,not sure if this was mentioned before but it will be pretty cool if a digital speedometer can be added,the one and only Jason would probably know.  Z       https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2013/P-011.pdf

I would like to have the AWD display. The dealer can do that?
It definetly can be added though dealer programming,Jason site will give you an inside perspective.  Z      http://www.fordpimods.com/taurus-awd-engine-hours.html

DONE
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

ecoboostsho

I get those from my dealer as well - well not the "for sale" sign but the letter stating that they definitely want used cars...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ZSHO

I happened to be browsing on the UPR oil catch can unit here at ecopowerparts.com and personally to me this unit is a clear winner with a (direct) plug & play unit which provides a more easier and secure install without having to cut or modify any of the components or needing to purchase extra hardware like other brands,personally the UPR with the simplicity of a plug & play unit is in my books the clear and decisive choice for anyone looking for a quality oil catch can unit,figured let me just share my personal insight since many members have asked,thanks.  Z       www.ecopowerparts.com           http://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=122

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I filled up my gas tank in N.J on Sunday at a Bp gas station and noticed today my tank has less than half a tank of gas in it with the same routine drive,also noticed a bit in decrease in performance,think the winter blend gas is upon us.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Think one of those sobriety devices can help us sniff out the ethanol %ages?  :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I just received a call from my Glass co and they stated my new oem (factory fresh) high performance windshield should be here this friday with an appt, (fingers crossed)  Z      :) :)

PokerMunkee

So, what tires should I be comparing?  I have a dedicated winter setup, but I live in the mountains and can get snow in May/June/Sept, so I am thinking of going to the most high performance All Season so I can wear my 20"s from May to November.   

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 and Continental DWS 06 look to be the best?
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on October 06, 2015, 11:09:30 AM
I just received a call from my Glass co and they stated my new oem (factory fresh) high performance windshield should be here this friday with an appt, (fingers crossed)  Z      :) :)
Let's hope this is it!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Z... Hopefully this is the one!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Thanks -MANU and Tom, personally did not want to settle for an aftermarket glass,even after 3 months of waiting,will keep you updated,thanks  Z

ZSHO

I just received a call again from my glass co and they just received my windshield and based on my vin # its indeed the correct one (FINALLY)which was recommended by my dealer,so everything looks great for friday morning,the only concern that i have is the procedure,they said it takes about an hour for the install but will take (four hours)drying time with a total of five hours,has anyone waited so long????.  Z

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on October 07, 2015, 03:41:30 PM
I just received a call again from my glass co and they just received my windshield and based on my vin # its indeed the correct one (FINALLY)which was recommended by my dealer,so everything looks great for friday morning,the only concern that i have is the procedure,they said it takes about an hour for the install but will take (four hours)drying time with a total of five hours,has anyone waited so long????.  Z
They always ask me to keep it dry, taped in place, and keep a window partly open for 24 hours out here in AZ.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

66 Galaxie

Some glass places want the adhesive to cure long enough that the glass won't get blown out by an air bag if you get in an accident since airbags are designed to work with the windshield in place.  This mainly applies to the passenger air bag.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

Quote from: 66 Galaxie on October 07, 2015, 10:24:09 PM
Some glass places want the adhesive to cure long enough that the glass won't get blown out by an air bag if you get in an accident since airbags are designed to work with the windshield in place.  This mainly applies to the passenger air bag.
Thats what i figured,waiting four hrs to cure seemed an extensive long wait,guess whats waiting 4 hrs compared to 3 months for a piece of glass,thanks.  Z