• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Last night's eclipse...

Now back to cars....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

I am due for an inspection tommorrow and figured let me just revert back to stock tune,while swapping the map sensors,placed one right by the hood lock and ultimately fell down the gap and is lodged between the intercooler and bumper,all this happened just because of being in a rush to p/up my kids from school,so lesson learned DO NOT PLACE ANYTHING BY THE HOOD LOCK AREA,guess you learn something new everyday.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

Quote from: ZSHO on September 30, 2015, 04:49:05 PM
I am due for an inspection tommorrow and figured let me just revert back to stock tune,while swapping the map sensors,placed one right by the hood lock and ultimately fell down the gap and is lodged between the intercooler and bumper,all this happened just because of being in a rush to p/up my kids from school,so lesson learned DO NOT PLACE ANYTHING BY THE HOOD LOCK AREA.  Z
One of these has saved my a** many times.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on September 30, 2015, 04:52:37 PM

Quote from: ZSHO on September 30, 2015, 04:49:05 PM
I am due for an inspection tommorrow and figured let me just revert back to stock tune,while swapping the map sensors,placed one right by the hood lock and ultimately fell down the gap and is lodged between the intercooler and bumper,all this happened just because of being in a rush to p/up my kids from school,so lesson learned DO NOT PLACE ANYTHING BY THE HOOD LOCK AREA.  Z
One of these has saved my a** many times.

Thanks Glock,seems to be quite an unique tool,harbor freights?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

You can find them almost anywhere that sells hand tools.
It's called a flexible claw pickup tool.
Here's a harbor freight link.
http://m.harborfreight.com/24-inch-2-in-1-pickup-tool-94162.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided
I know Home Depot, lowes, and Sears sells them.
Most auto parts stores sell them as well
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on September 30, 2015, 05:03:58 PM
You can find them almost anywhere that sells hand tools.
It's called a flexible claw pickup tool.
Here's a harbor freight link.
http://m.harborfreight.com/24-inch-2-in-1-pickup-tool-94162.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided
I know Home Depot, lowes, and Sears sells them.
Most auto parts stores sell them as well
Thanks,there;s always going to be a tool that your missing,was able to get to it with my portable vacuum flex hose.  Z

ZSHO

I just wanted to give a quick update on my emmissions testing as mentioned yesterday,reverted back to stock tune and early this morning plugged in my mx adapter and turned on torque pro and went on the expressway doing about 65 mph and within roughly about (12 miles)torque showed I/M readiness complete and then visited my friendly emmissions testing center and passed with flying colors,(almost done here)if anyone lives in a  strict emmission state as i do and is skeptical about passing testing just dont think twice,this is based on my signature within a two year period,BTW BIG THANKS to Mike.B  4DRHTRD AT EPP for providing great quality PPE CATTED DP.  Z       

SHOdded

Congrats on passing the exam :D  Another great year of driving is lining up ahead!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 01, 2015, 11:58:56 AM
Congrats on passing the exam :D  Another great year of driving is lining up ahead!
Thanks -MANU,its like visiting your DR annually and dont know what to expect,but fortunately things went smooth,even with a cracked windshield.  Z  ;)

SHOdded

Indeed!  Though it may be a warning of sorts if a cracked windshield is "acceptable", in that they are seeing this way too often!  Maybe lighter isn't better in this instance.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I know the awd and engine hours can be added to the left side of the instrument cluster via IDS software,dealer programming,not sure if this was mentioned before but it will be pretty cool if a digital speedometer can be added,the one and only Jason would probably know.  Z       https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2013/P-011.pdf

SammyB

2011 SHO Non-PP. H&R Springs, Unleashed Tune, 3 Bar MAP, 170 deg thermostat. 3rd cat and resonator delete. Custom exhaust with X pipe. Snow Stage 2 Methanol Injection. Custom Cat-less down pipes.

SHOdded

A can o' obsession if I ever saw one!

BigPelo

Quote from: ZSHO on October 02, 2015, 11:16:19 AM
I know the awd and engine hours can be added to the left side of the instrument cluster via IDS software,dealer programming,not sure if this was mentioned before but it will be pretty cool if a digital speedometer can be added,the one and only Jason would probably know.  Z       https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2013/P-011.pdf

I would like to have the AWD display. The dealer can do that?
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

ZSHO

Quote from: BigPelo on October 03, 2015, 11:13:41 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 02, 2015, 11:16:19 AM

I would like to have the AWD display. The dealer can do that?
It definetly can be added though dealer programming,Jason site will give you an inside perspective.  Z      http://www.fordpimods.com/taurus-awd-engine-hours.html