• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on September 11, 2015, 11:27:04 AM
Autonation Ford has just publicly pledged not to sell cars with outstanding recalls.... Pr move or po icy change?

Wish the same could happen for TSBs!
Then they will be out of business. There are not enough bays, techs, or parts to deal with the current volume.

A Tsb has nothing to do with a recall or your contracted warranty. Any tsbs handled outside of the warranty period should be considered gifts because they are.

Just because a tsb has been issued doesn't even mean your car is affected. Should Ford and the end consumer pay for diagnostic time for something that's not exhibiting any issues? Hell, just issue a Tsb on the entire car cause everything on it will break with enough time or age.

My personal opinion is that anybody buying a car from any manufacturer shouldn't buy it if they cant afford the extended warranty. Cars being so complicated and expensive to fix pretty much guarantees that you will win on the deal. The other option is to make sure you dump it before the factory period expires.

Not exercising those options and then expecting Ford to fix everything for free in perpetuity just seems a little ridiculous.

BiGMaC

Agree on the extended warranty FoMoCo.... Mine have always paid for themselves and I have found that at the dealer I can negotiate pricing.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

I sure agree with every ones statement above how crucial is to have an extended warranty on our cars and especially with an AWD and a twin turbo setup is a must have,BTW glad FoMoCoSHO is not my service manager because would of probably sold my car a long time ago. LOL.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on September 11, 2015, 03:39:22 PM
I sure agree with every ones statement above how crucial is to have an extended warranty on our cars and especially with an AWD and a twin turbo setup is a must have,BTW glad FoMoCoSHO is not my service manager because would of probably sold my car a long time ago. LOL.  Z

Nah, Z you'd find out fast that I go to the mat for my guests. I'd work within my commitments to Ford motor company and the commitment to my guest along with the generous goodwill money that Ford provides dealers to get folks handled. I have an idea of the numbers involved in a busy service dept and there is a lot of leeway to do the right thing or at least come to an agreeable compromise in most situations.

Ford does plenty wrong but it seems like folks on car forums dont want to see any perspective except their own and most of the time its 180 degrees out of reality.

I've said it before I'd scrap the whole franchised dealer concept, its not good for Ford, their guests, or a whole bunch of people at those dealerships trying to do right by both yet caught in the middle.

I'm just trying to provide a little bit of balanced perspective since I happen to have an inside view and participate from the other side as well.

I would never ask MrsFoMoCoSHO to do anything for me that she wouldn't or couldn't do for another guest. If I blow up my car doing something stupid I wont get special treatment, I will get out my checkbook... Unless of course Ford offered me some goodwill cash because we have a 98% loyalty score. Ford actually does things like that from time to time.

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 11, 2015, 04:17:32 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 11, 2015, 03:39:22 PM

Nah, Z you'd find out fast that I go to the mat for my guests. I'd work within my commitments to Ford motor company and the commitment to my guest along with the generous goodwill money that Ford provides dealers to get folks handled. I have an idea of the numbers involved in a busy service dept and there is a lot of leeway to do the right thing or at least come to an agreeable compromise in most situations.

Ford does plenty wrong but it seems like folks on car forums dont want to see any perspective except their own and most of the time its 180 degrees out of reality.

I've said it before I'd scrap the whole franchised dealer concept, its not good for Ford, their guests, or a whole bunch of people at those dealerships trying to do right by both yet caught in the middle.

I'm just trying to provide a little bit of balanced perspective since I happen to have an inside view and participate from the other side as well.

I would never ask MrsFoMoCoSHO to do anything for me that she wouldn't or couldn't do for another guest. If I blow up my car doing something stupid I wont get special treatment, I will get out my checkbook... Unless of course Ford offered me some goodwill cash because we have a 98% loyalty score. Ford actually does things like that from time to time.
S.you are absolutly right because you da man. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I just wanted to give an update regarding the oem windshield thats on national back order,let me just start off by saying if your in the N.J AREA and need an oem windshield through safelite you can pm me anytime,figured let me post it here and help someone out rather than wait weeks to months to order it,basically was tired on waiting and picked another installer which was recommended by my dealer,hope this helps someone out and its very limited time basis.  Z

FoMoCoSHO

Nothing like a little mosquito borne encephalitis to put a damper on things...

FML

SHOdded

Culex love not good enough for you, FoMoCo?

BTW, tried the Black & Tan.  Pretty smooth!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 14, 2015, 10:06:40 PM
Culex love not good enough for you, FoMoCo?

BTW, tried the Black & Tan.  Pretty smooth!
Lol, glad you enjoyed it. Its part of my post hospitalization soft food diet, lol.

I could've went my entire life without that kind of love!

ZSHO

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

slurppie

Lots of discussion lately on AD's with appendix carry (while using a holster).  It might be comfortable under certain circumstances but not worth it IMO.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

glock-coma

Quote from: BiGMaC on September 15, 2015, 11:04:26 AM
Here's today's morning smile... ?Better to buy a holster?
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/06/yet-another-responsible-gun-owner-shoots
Rule #1 keep you booger hook off the bang switch!!!  If it was the pictured 1911 there are at least 2 safeties on that thing.
He was probably carrying a GLOCK lol.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

slurppie

.45 to the penis.. I don't think the spent round was the only think that fell out when he took off his pants.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

SHOdded

Good thing it was only a warning round.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!