• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: jmr061 on August 28, 2015, 05:29:25 PM
Yes they tease you with it not to mention goes to prove that Travel Link etc can be enabled in post factory navigation setups that are done properly. 
I love the travel link when I'm on the road... However even though the trial is enabled if you don't renew after the 6 month trial it likely will quit since Sirius sends a code from their server directly to your car to enable the regular subscription telling the APIM you're current.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

jmr061

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 28, 2015, 05:35:14 PM
Yes they tease you with it not to mention goes to prove that Travel Link etc can be enabled in post factory navigation setups that are done properly. 
I love the travel link when I'm on the road... However even though the trial is enabled if you don't renew after the 6 month trial it likely will quit since Sirius sends a code from their server directly to your car to enable the regular subscription telling the APIM you're current.

Just to clear things up the Sirius satellite receiver is in the ACM (audio control module aka cd player which houses the AM/FM receiver as well).  The APIM only is a display for the Sirius Radio.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

BiGMaC

Quote from: jmr061 on August 28, 2015, 06:08:07 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on August 28, 2015, 05:35:14 PM

Just to clear things up the Sirius satellite receiver is in the ACM (audio control module aka cd player which houses the AM/FM receiver as well).  The APIM only is a display for the Sirius Radio.
You are correct good sir... I stand corrected on that point  :beer2:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Great Vids thanks!

Those should clear up some of the misconceptions about gen 4.2 AWD. (max power transfer, etc)

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 29, 2015, 09:33:21 AM
Great Vids thanks!

Those should clear up some of the misconceptions about gen 4.2 AWD. (max power transfer, etc)
Exactly,found a great site also,very intuitive in many aspects.  Z     http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=5063                          http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=5230                         

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceinterceptor/features/#/durability/durability_05/

So they have this instead of the cover with none of the high speed issues?

I will take one with a side of ballistic door panels, lol

FoMoCoSHO

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 29, 2015, 09:53:04 AM
http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceinterceptor/features/#/durability/durability_05/

So they have this instead of the cover with none of the high speed issues?

I will take one with a side of ballistic door panels, lol
X2 on that,wonder if there having issues with the winshields,BTW have an appt Mon finally for install.  Z

ZSHO

Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as i did,BTW there is a part 2 article also,enjoy.  Z             http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=1739  (sync system)

BiGMaC

Good info Z.... Also glad you're finally getting that windshield... And that the supply chain appears to have caught up with demand.

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 29, 2015, 10:52:31 AM
Good info Z.... Also glad you're finally getting that windshield... And that the supply chain appears to have caught up with demand.
Thanx Tom just received a call from Safelite and there pushing my appt to wed 9/2 because the glass is coming from a Ford dealer out in mid-west,hope there not B.S ME.  Z

AJP turbo

Any of you folks from Canadia into those Blue Jays? Not too shabby eh?

I was in Toronto last march for a weekend getaway...I was impressed with how many people had snow tires on their cars....I wish all the retards in Pittsburgh would do the same
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

I have an appt tomorrow to finally have my windshield installed after almost waiting two months for an oem glass,so figured i'll give Safelite a call to confirm my appt and to verify that they have the glass before making the trip to a different state,spoke with the manager of safelite and tells me the same story since day one(NO ETA )UNREAL. BTW cant mention the rest that was said after that.  Z    >:( >:(

SHOdded

Man these guys need to get their act together!!!  Sorry you have to face such delays, Z, it is intolerable.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!