• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I just came back after an extensive trip with the family with plenty of cargo and averaged about 23.4 mpg with a/c blasting continously doing about 80-90 mpg,tried sticking with Shell 93 octane for most parts of the trip until i ran into a Chevron gas station which had 93 octane with techron,after initial fillup noticed my rpm gauge was acting erratic at idle and honestly had me a bit worried because being so far and hot out in the lovely state of Georgia,but for the most part did not think to much of it until my butt dyno went into over drive with the slightest touch of the gas pedal which definetly was a good thing,especially with all the stress and heat soak on the engine with continual driving,so for the next few hunded miles only used Chevron and definetly saw an increase in performance and wish it was available im my area,so for anyone that has access to Chevron would definetly recommend it.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Welcome back, Z!  Glad you all had a great time!  Maybe there IS something to Chevron (Techron) fuel ;)  I did find that BP fuel in NJ when I was up there was much better for my Edge than any fuel (including BP) down here. 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 24, 2015, 01:34:40 PM
Welcome back, Z!  Glad you all had a great time!  Maybe there IS something to Chevron (Techron) fuel ;)  I did find that BP fuel in NJ when I was up there was much better for my Edge than any fuel (including BP) down here.
Thanx -MANU,surely wasnt a placebo effect with this being my DD,BTW had you in my mind while driving through the lovely state of M.D.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on August 24, 2015, 01:23:18 PM
I just came back after an extensive trip with the family with plenty of cargo and averaged about 23.4 mpg with a/c blasting continously doing about 80-90 mpg,tried sticking with Shell 93 octane for most parts of the trip until i ran into a Chevron gas station which had 93 octane with techron,after initial fillup noticed my rpm gauge was acting erratic at idle and honestly had me a bit worried because being so far and hot out in the lovely state of Georgia,but for the most part did not think to much of it until my butt dyno went into over drive with the slightest touch of the gas pedal which definetly was a good thing,especially with all the stress and heat soak on the engine with continual driving,so for the next few hunded miles only used Chevron and definetly saw an increase in performance and wish it was available im my area,so for anyone that has access to Chevron would definetly recommend it.  Z
Welcome back Z... Missed your posts.
Regarding gas... I tried the new Shell Nitro Plus ... Even though we only get 91 octane in AZ. I was using chevron 91 before... After 2 tanks I went back to Chevron for the same reason... My SHO was definitely performing poorly on the Shell compared to Chevron and didn't need my equipment to tell for certain.... Plus I didn't win one of the 100 Bimis Shell is giving away.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 24, 2015, 01:55:04 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 24, 2015, 01:23:18 PM
Welcome back Z... Missed your posts.
Regarding gas... I tried the new Shell Nitro Plus ... Even though we only get 91 octane in AZ. I was using chevron 91 before... After 2 tanks I went back to Chevron for the same reason... My SHO was definitely performing poorly on the Shell compared to Chevron and didn't need my equipment to tell for certain.... Plus I didn't win one of the 100 Bimis Shell is giving away.
Thanx Tom,definetly agree and thank you guys for the warm welcome.  Z

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 24, 2015, 01:55:04 PM
Plus I didn't win one of the 100 Bimis Shell is giving away.
NOW we get to the heart of the "I HATE SHELL" matter LOL ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

LOL...
I don't hate Shell... But the big girl doesn't like it as much as Chevron..

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

ZSHO

I saw a 13 SHO UP FOR SALE with 30k on her for 30,999 holding its value fairly well,of course with a walmart everstart battery included,makes you wonder sometimes.  Z            http://www.findlaynorthvw.com/used/Ford/2013-Ford-Taurus-65b5dd9e0a0a00e0654ab7d035067f13.htm

ZSHO

I purchased an apim module to add navigation to my vehicle a few months back from Jason over at www.fordpimods.com,as mentioned earlier overall great guy and exceptional customer service to say the least,while on vacation it sure came in handy and worked flawlessly,noticed while returning home that the the sirius travel link is active which was a big surprise and never had or acquired this feature,pretty cool though,maybe Jason will chime in later on this topic.  Z

BiGMaC

Very cool Z! Did it require any dealer flashing?

ecoboostsho

Nice!  Sirius travel link will occasionally go active as a promotion...my guess is that you will eventually lose it but enjoy it while you can.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

66 Galaxie

'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 28, 2015, 10:19:46 AM
Very cool Z! Did it require any dealer flashing?
I had my buddy at Ford add navigation(instead of compass)to the right side of the instrument cluster with IDS software.  Z

ZSHO

Thanks for all the repys brothers,just confirmed with Jason and indeed it was a free trial period,so guess that everyone that has (NAVI)should check to see if the siruis travel link is active,(ENJOY WHILE IT LASTS)Thanks.  Z

jmr061

Yes they tease you with it not to mention goes to prove that Travel Link etc can be enabled in post factory navigation setups that are done properly. 
Jason
16 Edge Sport