• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtxSHO

So I just noticed my leds I had installed a while back on license plate bulb were changed out to stock bulbs when they did the recall to it at the dealership . Anyone know if that is correct protocol ? They should have at least given the leds back .
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

BiGMaC

My dealer did the same thing when they replaced the LPFP lights.  They gave me the LEDs back and explained it was protocol and they had to follow Ford recommended procedure...

I found this interesting since they did R&R on my PPE hotpipes when they fixed my leaking valve cover and spark plug seal...

I always check the car for correct modded parts before I drive away.  My service advisor recommended it...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Been a cocern for quite some time now, since it was rumored that Windows software would be introduced into vehicles.  Technology progresses, security concerns explode.  Business as usual.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

JagerBomb

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 21, 2015, 01:35:13 PM
This is alarming... http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

It won't be addressed until something serious happens unfortunately. The best way you can protect your car is to not use the WiFi capabilities and BT it sounds like. Even then I am not sure if that is 100%. Hopefully they will have security up-dates for the system.
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!

jtoddk98

Quote from: ZSHO on July 20, 2015, 10:19:30 PM
I would like to know whats the average waiting time for an oem sounscreen windshield??tommorrow will be two weeks and counting and will probably wait until the end of the month,after that i'm goung to visit a local ford dealer around 3am. LOL  Z
I only waited a week and a half through safelite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ecoboostsho

This is alarming... http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/
Yes it is.  I've been following them for some time (I'm in IT and work occasionally with the engineers on CANBUS at work)...It is only a matter of time if manufacturer's insist on connecting our cars to the Internet.  Even the Bluetooth adapter plugged in to my dash is technically vulnerable - albeit at a limited distance.  Hopefully manufacturer's will take this seriously and implement some better security protocols...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

wasinger3000

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 21, 2015, 02:34:32 PM
Yes it is.  I've been following them for some time (I'm in IT and work occasionally with the engineers on CANBUS at work)...It is only a matter of time if manufacturer's insist on connecting our cars to the Internet.  Even the Bluetooth adapter plugged in to my dash is technically vulnerable - albeit at a limited distance.  Hopefully manufacturer's will take this seriously and implement some better security protocols...
Unfortunately it seems the automakers are always behind the curve for security.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Larrylu

Unfortunately new cars are being delivered with tech that's a couple of years old due to the lag between planning, building and delivering and tech moves so fast these days. It waits for no one.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOdded

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ford-64090-lincoln-soundscreen.html

Ford Products to Launch with Carlite's SoundScreen Noise-Reducing Glass Technology

Nov. 25, 2008  |Updated Aug. 21, 2013 1:17 p.m.

Five new Ford Motor Company products fitted with Carlite(R)'s noise-blocking SoundScreen(TM) windshields will be unveiled at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show: the 2010 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid, the 2010 Mercury Milan and Milan Hybrid and the 2010 Lincoln MKZ.

Carlite's SoundScreen technology is a key component of Ford's drive to make vehicle cabins quieter. SoundScreen windshields use a sheet of specially-developed acoustic vinyl sandwiched between two layers of glass. It reduces noise levels by as much as 6 dB at certain frequencies and 2 to 3 dB overall, meaning conversations are clearer and more intelligible.

SoundScreen technology also saves weight -- as much as seven pounds per vehicle -- because the glass is thinner than in conventional windshields while offering superior noise-reducing performance.

"The ability to keep wind and road noise from entering the passenger cabin while reducing weight is why every year more Ford products are being equipped with SoundScreen windshields at the factory," said John Heller, vice president of automotive glass sales for Carlite.

The first Ford products launched with SoundScreen glass were the 2007 Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator and Lincoln MKX. It's also standard equipment on the Mercury Mariner, Lincoln MKS, the Ford Flex, F-150 Platinum edition, Focus and Escape.

The results have been a steady improvement in customer-reported quality. In fact, complaints about wind noise in Ford products went from second-worst in the industry in 2003 to the best in 2007, beating Toyota. That's according to RDA Group of Bloomfield Hills, Mich., which conducts customer surveys for Ford.

Professional test drivers also are talking about the exceptional quietness of newer Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products. For example, Popular Mechanics magazine called the cabin of the 2010 F-150 "luxury-car quiet," while the Los Angeles Times said the 2009 Ford Flex offers "deep-piled serenity and a cottony ambience, thanks to a soundproofing program that includes extensive use of acoustic glass."

The 2010 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ go on sale in early 2009.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

double c

Thinking of letting SHO go in favor of Explorer Sport or Edge Sport.  Easier to get in/out, load luggage/groceries etc...  Any advice/thoughts on color-Platinum tri-color white or Ruby Red metallic?  Perhaps Bronze fire?
2010 Steel Blue Metallic  Stage 4+ My DD (Gone Girl)

2013 Escape Titanium Sterling Gray Metallic 2.0 EB  XYL's DD

2016 Explorer Sport: Ingot Silver Metallic: CQuartz-Finest My DD

SHOdded

Bronzefire would be my favorite, but all 3 colors - you can't really lose :)

SHOnUup

Blackhawk Farms...wow...time to fix the car. What a blast!!! Drove the effin wheels off it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

PokerMunkee

2016 Explorer Sport.... Looks great.  I'd be tempted.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

jtoddk98

I'd wait for sync 3 to come in the explorer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver