• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

Damn it, can't believe I'm typing this.  I'm contemplating taking the SHO to CarMax tomorrow to see what they will give me for it.  If they give me $27K or higher, I will probably sell it.   Looking at sheedding debt and gtting $7K of equity in the SHO (owe $20K on it).   They only have one 2013 SHO for sale nation wide, 20k miles for $31K.  Mine has 23k miles.  Could be close.

The F-250 is paid for and I really enjoy driving it.  Don't have to worry about people dinging it or hitting stuff.  Leaves me with only the wife's truck and a camper to pay off and more cash in the savings account.   Definitely will be paying more $$ for gas, as the truck only gets 14mpg vs the SHO's 23 on my commute.

So, kind of hoping CarMax low balls me. lol

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

PokerMunkee

After dwelling on the thought, I'm keeping the SHO for at least another year.  Still enjoy getting it in everyday.  When that fades, I'll consider trading it.  Crisis avoided.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

A collective sigh of relief was heard far and wide ... :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

92BlackGT

yesterday I was reading about how our soundscreen windshields are susceptible to cracks from rocks. well, I get in my car to go to work tonight and there's a big flippin crack starting at the base of the window going right up the middle. i must have gotten it on my trip to memphis and then it grew because of our below normal temps yesterday :blowup:
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

Argh!  Another one!  Sorry to hear that :(  Better get a replacement lined up soon if you want OEM available before the crack becomes a chasm ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BigPelo

Quote from: 92BlackGT on July 09, 2015, 03:46:07 AM
yesterday I was reading about how our soundscreen windshields are susceptible to cracks from rocks. well, I get in my car to go to work tonight and there's a big flippin crack starting at the base of the window going right up the middle. i must have gotten it on my trip to memphis and then it grew because of our below normal temps yesterday :blowup:

I replaced my windshield twice and the car hasn't 20K miles yet...
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

SHOdded

Wonder if Ford is looking into this issue at all?  Windshields should last a LOOONG time!

ZSHO

I spoke to a buddy at Ford and he is trying to track down an original windshield for me cause supposedly there on back order with no eta,wonder if the 10-12 SHO have the soundscreen winshield. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

92BlackGT

well, USAA said it will be 2 weeks before they can get an OEM windshield. I better not get hassled about the crack when going on base... i already have to worry about my driver side brake light not working (new assembly should be here tomorrow). security forces are bored and look for anything to pull you over
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

glock-coma

Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2015, 09:00:29 AM
I spoke to a buddy at Ford and he is trying to track down an original windshield for me cause supposedly there on back order with no eta,wonder if the 10-12 SHO have the soundscreen winshield. Z
my 2010 does have sound screen glass
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

BiGMaC

Quote from: 92BlackGT on July 09, 2015, 10:05:40 AM
well, USAA said it will be 2 weeks before they can get an OEM windshield. I better not get hassled about the crack when going on base... i already have to worry about my driver side brake light not working (new assembly should be here tomorrow). security forces are bored and look for anything to pull you over
Interesting... While I don't allow a wash except by me or my detail guy, I had one of those outfits that hang around car washes replace mine twice with oem soundscreen windshield I never had to wait longer than 48 hrs.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Its official,the Ford oem windshields are on backorder,no eta no nothing,just alot of B.S though and quite frankly getting tired of it all. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2015, 05:02:56 PM
Its official,the Ford oem windshields are on backorder,no eta no nothing,just alot of B.S though and quite frankly getting tired of it all. Z
Thanks Z... This sux as I get a new one about once a year due to projectiles coming out from under lifted trucks and semis... I think I should get a repair started now and insist on oem so that I might get one... And as impetus for a manufacturing run!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on July 09, 2015, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on July 09, 2015, 05:02:56 PM
Thanks Z... This sux as I get a new one about once a year due to projectiles coming out from under lifted trucks and semis... I think I should get a repair started now and insist on oem so that I might get one... And as impetus for a manufacturing run!
I guess i have more stories than walt disney as of late petaining to the windshield,due apologize and end of story.lol Z

IHeartGroceries

I'm not sure what's going on, but fragile windshields seems to be a current issue going on across many newer makes and many models. Google it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP