• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I'm wishing everyone and there family's a happy and safe 4th of July weekend,thanks. Z    :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Happy & safe 4th to all my fellow members !  Hope the biggest dangers you face are permagrins from too much fun and stomachs filled to bursting from too much good food!

Salute and thank you to the folks who protect our freedom from without and within.

Z, great thoughts on the windshield replacement.  I sure would hate a hack job on something like that!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Really frustrated with this truck... why is it always so hard to get to a cabin filter.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jtoddk98

Seems like there is an update for sync on the 2010-2012 cars. Includes Bluetooth stability and the ability to see what is playing on the screen when streaming Bluetooth audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOdded

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 04, 2015, 09:13:09 PMReally frustrated with this truck... why is it always so hard to get to a cabin filter.
Quite difficult on a Honda Pilot as well, BUT, mostly the first time.  There are plates they put in to help the automated assembly of the dash, and these need to be permanently removed at the first service.  Fortunately, it is SO much easier on the Edge!
Quote from: jtoddk98 on July 05, 2015, 03:46:46 AM
Seems like there is an update for sync on the 2010-2012 cars. Includes Bluetooth stability and the ability to see what is playing on the screen when streaming Bluetooth audio.
Free?  Reliable?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 04, 2015, 09:13:09 PM

Really frustrated with this truck... why is it always so hard to get to a cabin filter.

I would make an appt at the dealer and purchase the cabin filter while your there,then they should install it for free and ask them are there any tricks to install this without breaking anything. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

I knew it!

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

PokerMunkee

Kind of a fail at that oldie..... Subbies are AWD and have rally heritage. 
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Airbornemaikai

2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

jtoddk98

Painted the rims today with duplicolor high performance wheel black with a gloss clear coat, to be honest, I'm not impressed. Looks like plasti dip with glossifier on it. I used rustoleum 2x gloss black for the rest of the chrome trim, turned out awesome, really nice gloss. I wonder if I can sand my rims back down and use that to paint them. Stuff sticks to anything

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

glock-coma

Walnut blasting media would probably be an easier method than sanding. Any pics by chance?
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

In another article, he says that water/methanol injection is of "limited value when it comes to reducing carbonaceous buildup in the inlet port and inlet valve surfaces", referring to lubricating oil-related deposits as opposed to fuel deposits.

jtoddk98

Quote from: glock-coma on July 06, 2015, 08:54:07 PM
Walnut blasting media would probably be an easier method than sanding. Any pics by chance?
yea. I'll throw some up in the pics section in the morning. Just pit them on and took the car off the stands tonight. They actually look decent in the car, will look even better when they completely dry and I put a nice coat of wax on.