• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I hope no one was hurt during that incident slurppie,found out that only the middle section of the windshield is coated with sound screen and the edges are not,and usually a windshield is covered under warranty up to one year or 12k,found a descent discussion about the sound screen winsdshields on the f-150 thread. Z    http://www.f150forum.com/f38/soundscreen-windshields-more-prone-cracking-305577/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

slurppie

Interesting read on the Soundscreen windshield. I'm looking into having a product applied called "ClearPlex". The cost runs almost as much as a new windshield but supposedly comes with a warranty covering up to $2k.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

PokerMunkee

Just emailed TFL (good youtube series) to have my SHO taped in their run what you brung!

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxXH8zqW8AM

Anyone in Colorado with a meth SHO?  That would make for a good video!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

Clearplex's windshield product page is DOA ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

slurppie

Quote from: SHOdded on June 29, 2015, 08:10:16 PM
Clearplex's windshield product page is DOA ...

Here's the local shop that offers it.
http://www.allprowindowtinting.com

After speaking with the shop owner,  I was under the impression it was some new product.

I believe this is the stuff, http://www.clearplexusa.com/36-x-25-clearplex-roll-4-mil-75-square-feet/

Hell for that price I can buy a roll and apply it myself and save $200.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

jtoddk98

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 28, 2015, 09:19:48 PM
So I did a little testing with the car today. Had it loaded up with around 450 lbs of gear.

Found out it won't build more than 5-6 psi on a wot downshift. No matter what gear it just won't do it.

1st and 2nd gear pull hard but 3rd and up are sluggish. Not sure why it would pull boost when there is no knock and meth is spraying.

Also my CM voltage is hovering around 13.7 with ac and cooled seats on. Seems lower than I'd like.
my voltage hovers around 13.7 with all that on along with 1,200 watts rms hammering the trunk lol. Stays around the same even with all of it off, I guess the alternator doesn't put out max amps unless it needs to, just puts out enough to keep the battery charged with the current load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ZSHO

Quote from: jtoddk98 on June 29, 2015, 10:07:01 PM

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 28, 2015, 09:19:48 PM
So I did a little testing with the car today. Had it loaded up with around 450 lbs of gear.

Found out it won't build more than 5-6 psi on a wot downshift. No matter what gear it just won't do it.

1st and 2nd gear pull hard but 3rd and up are sluggish. Not sure why it would pull boost when there is no knock and meth is spraying.

Also my CM voltage is hovering around 13.7 with ac and cooled seats on. Seems lower than I'd like.
my voltage hovers around 13.7 with all that on along with 1,200 watts rms hammering the trunk lol. Stays around the same even with all of it off, I guess the alternator doesn't put out max amps unless it needs to, just puts out enough to keep the battery charged with the current load.

I guess with you not using the car as much,maybe a new battery is in order. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

Who needs street lights....
Power went out the other night figure I'd light up the street as I needed to walk the dog lol. BTW that's just the parking lights (headlights are off)

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOdded

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 30, 2015, 11:16:59 AM
Who needs street lights....
Power went out the other night figure I'd light up the street as I needed to walk the dog lol. BTW that's just the parking lights (headlights are off)
Yeah baby!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on May 30, 2015, 11:32:22 PM
I'm a dad for the 3rd time. This is my son. Looks like Car parts will be on hold for a while as he was my birthday present.
He is just too precious! Congratulations! 3 is nice number. Oh, and it takes a man to make one.

But it also takes a man to knock the stem off of an apple!

Just celebrated my first born a few weeks ago...

*EDIT
Sorry, gentlemen. I just realized I'm a little behind in this thread. XD
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on June 30, 2015, 07:25:41 PM
I'm a dad for the 3rd time. This is my son. Looks like Car parts will be on hold for a while as he was my birthday present.
He is just too precious! Congratulations! 3 is nice number. Oh, and it takes a man to make one.

*EDIT
Congrats!!!

Cherish these years, before you know it...they think they know it better than you.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Congrats, man!  That is one great pic and one great kid!!!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on June 30, 2015, 07:33:03 PM

*EDIT
Congrats!!!

Cherish these years, before you know it...they think they know it better than you.

Rich
Congrats on a happy and healthy lives full of joy which you should cherish every moment you can together,BTW have two children which owe me 1.4 million LOL. Z

Airbornemaikai

*EDIT

Thank you very much, and a huge congrats to you as well. Welcome to fatherhood!
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

ZSHO

I spoke with my service advisor regarding the cracked windshield and he clearly stated if it was a stress crack maybe he would of made an exception,but due a rock hitting the windshield,he told me to call up the insurance co and demand a oem soundscreen wiindshield because of the reduction of the noise level factor which some aftermarket glass co do not supply,another note is that the car being less than two years old they should consider it,after a long conversation with the insurance co they finally approved the oem windshield which will be done by safelite next week for free,BTW forgot to mention a special tool is needed to remove and install the rain sensor component along with the rear view mirror,and of course an experienced installer is a must,sorry for the long post causr had some bad experiences in the past with oes co and installers and having air leaks because the winshield was not sealed up properly which then can cause water to enter the cabin through the firewall causing damage to electrical components and modules,then eventually you will see a puddle of water in your passenger floor mat. Z