• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Quote from: ZSHO on June 04, 2015, 11:37:21 AM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 04, 2015, 11:18:14 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 04, 2015, 10:34:27 AM
The only additives i would add is to the fuel system once in a while,also based on the owners manuel they highly dont recommend using any oil additives,basically thats my own pesonal view.  Z
They also don't recommend using lowering springs, meth injection, exhaust, upgraded turbos, Cai, or tunes. I'd say the owners manual is more of a book of suggestions.
You are absolutly correct to point that out,but some of us like to read the manuel and use only a API certified sn/gl-5 oil made for our cars. Z
I know. Just giving ya s***.

I have archoil in 5 vehicles currently with great results. Saved the 6.0 injectors already.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jtoddk98

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 04, 2015, 11:42:21 AM
The only additives i would add is to the fuel system once in a while,also based on the owners manuel they highly dont recommend using any oil additives,basically thats my own pesonal view.  Z
They also don't recommend using lowering springs, meth injection, exhaust, upgraded turbos, Cai, or tunes. I'd say the owners manual is more of a book of suggestions.
You are absolutly correct to point that out,but some of us like to read the manuel and use only a API certified sn/gl-5 oil made for our cars. Z

I have archoil in 5 vehicles currently with great results. Saved the 6.0 injectors already.
I'm about to throw the oil additive in my car now. Been using the fuel stuff for about 1500 miles now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

wasinger3000

Quote from: jtoddk98 on June 04, 2015, 03:10:46 PM

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 04, 2015, 11:42:21 AM

I'm about to throw the oil additive in my car now. Been using the fuel stuff for about 1500 miles now.

The stuff works. Did a buzz test on the 6.0 before and 500 miles after of running the fuel and oil additive. The injectors are back to new flow rates.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

glock-coma

I'm not sure how/if this will affect our fuel system. But when I added archoil 6200 to exactly 13 gallons of 93 my LOR went from a solid -1 to -0.6 and stayed there until I filled up again.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

wasinger3000

I'm going to put some of the oil additive in my ptu in about a week.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on June 04, 2015, 03:40:13 PM
I'm not sure how/if this will affect our fuel system. But when I added archoil 6200 to exactly 13 gallons of 93 my LOR went from a solid -1 to -0.6 and stayed there until I filled up again.
Hmmm....that went the wrong way.

I wonder what's up with that.

SHOnUup

Stock block SHO built by Black Market, tuned by Torrie, and with Mikes fuel system upgrade hits 588 awhp on stock block....that's pretty cool stuff.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

My count has at least 6 SHO'S ready for 11's this month!!!

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Quote from: glock-coma on June 04, 2015, 03:40:13 PM
I am still at -1 with ar6200 in the fuel. Did you do a double dose?

glock-coma

No double dose, 5ml exactly.  I used a dropper syringe to measure.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

jtoddk98

Quote from: glock-coma on June 06, 2015, 01:36:56 PM
No double dose, 5ml exactly.  I used a dropper syringe to measure.
Wierd. I'm still at -1 with it in my fuel, I actually put a tad more in. Possible that the gas station didn't mix the fuel correctly?

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ZSHO

I saw this recall on the new 15 Ford Edge,one of my favorite suv's,there is issues with the 22in wheels . Z         

Ford Edge Investigated After 22-Inch Alloy Wheel Breaks

Ford Edge owner said tire separated from broken wheel without warning, sending the Edge into a field

By David A. Wood, CarComplaints.com     • Posted in Investigations

Ford Edge Investigated After 22-Inch Alloy Wheel Breaks   
May 26, 2015 — The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has opened an investigation into possible problems with the 22-inch allow wheel rims on about 20,000 model year 2014 Ford Edge crossover SUVs.  It took only one complaint to the safety agency, filed in November 2014, to get the attention of NHTSA.

The information is limited, although the Ford Edge owner who complained described a scary scene.

The owner was driving in Maryland when they thought the car dropped down onto the road. The driver heard a scraping sound before the SUV went off the road and into a field. The tire was off the 22-inch alloy wheel and the wheel was on the grass of the field.

The complainant said the core of the alloy wheel had totally sheared off from the exterior of the wheel. The driver said no damage to the tire was observed and there was no warning before the incident. The Edge owner said it looked as if someone had used a saw and separated the wheel, although a Ford dealer said a simple dent in the wheel caused the separation.

At the time of the wheel failure, the Ford Edge had clocked about 8,500 miles.

NHTSA is calling this a "preliminary evaluation" to determine if the 22-inch alloy wheels are defective and if 20,000 model year 2014 Ford Edge crossover SUVs should be recalled.

CarComplaints.com will update our website when the results of the investigation are available.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

There's always been something or the other with those darn things.  First it was that tire pressure was not able to be maintained ('11+), now this (way worse).  Maybe it's just plain jinxed and that's why Ford went with the 21" option in 2015?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Larger oil filter for extra quart of oil?

Plenty of room for an extended one.

Rich

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!