• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I was curious how much the Ford dealer has charged you to have the PTU Flushed!
They quoted me $516.22 plus tax  while using my own fluids because of the oil cooler on the PP-SHO! TIA
I might start a separate Topic.  Z

Labor     $491.95

Seal        24.27

$516.22 - plus tax

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on October 08, 2018, 02:16:48 PM
I was curious how much the Ford dealer has charged you to have the PTU Flushed!
They quoted me $516.22 plus tax  while using my own fluids because of the oil cooler on the PP-SHO! TIA
I might start a separate Topic.  Z

Labor     $491.95

Seal        24.27

$516.22 - plus tax

That seems like a lot.  I think I got quoted $200 from my local ford in Culpeper, VA

shoNoff

I originally was quoted $169 from my local Ford dealer so I dropped my car off. Once they had it they called and said they made a mistake $550. Had a local shop do it for $50 with me giving him the fluid.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded

Ya they all want to remove and reinstall the ptu.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Quote from: SHOdded on October 09, 2018, 03:02:14 PM
Ya they all want to remove and reinstall the ptu.

The same dealer told me the rear end had to be removed to change the fluid. That's when I said put my car on the ground Ill be there in 15 mins to pick it up.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I would Run as fast as you can!  Z   :o

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

As far as I'm concerned that dealer isn't qualified to vacuum a car.

ZSHO

I appreciate the replies from ^^^. But Its very unfortunate that the majority of Ford dealers have no clue on exactly whats involved in order to have the PTU Flushed!
Its from my understanding Ford charges 4.5 hrs labor book rate! Go figure!  Z   :no:

Macgyver

First change was $75. Second was $60.

I wonder if they ever did it.

markssho

Koons Ford in Sterling, VA and Jerry's Ford wouldn't even entertain the idea.
Local shop that does BG flushes did it for $189. Said they had never flushed a Ford PTU and was shocked. Said they would recommend to all their AWD Ford customers. They took pictures and showed me the fluid they drained.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

ZSHO

Quote from: markssho on October 09, 2018, 08:58:26 PM
Koons Ford in Sterling, VA and Jerry's Ford wouldn't even entertain the idea.
Local shop that does BG flushes did it for $189. Said they had never flushed a Ford PTU and was shocked. Said they would recommend to all their AWD Ford customers. They took pictures and showed me the fluid they drained.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks Mark! Side note - I hope your sister is doing well!   Z

tarmstrong

Quote from: ZSHO on October 09, 2018, 07:29:45 PM
I appreciate the replies from ^^^. But Its very unfortunate that the majority of Ford dealers have no clue on exactly whats involved in order to have the PTU Flushed!
Its from my understanding Ford charges 4.5 hrs labor book rate! Go figure!  Z   

I was quoted $80 To do a PTU fluid change.  When it got there the price went way up.  The drain plug made it easy, but filling required dropping the exhaust to get to the fill plug, per the Ford service manual.

It didn't get done.  And the standard Ford answer is: "it is lifetime fluid and changing isn't required".
2018 Maroon PP SHO
K&N Drop-in

Previous: 2015 Dark Side Metallic PP SHO
3 Bar, K&N, Tune

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on October 09, 2018, 07:29:45 PM
Its from my understanding Ford charges 4.5 hrs labor book rate! Go figure!  Z   :no:

4.5 hours is completely ridiculous.  I have a 13 PP and it took me less then an hour.  The hard part was getting the vent tube on and off. The longest part was refilling the PTU through the vent.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

FORD GT RECALL ISSUED AFTER CAR CATCHES FIRE
Ford GTs at risk of hydraulic fluid leaking from the valve block assemblies onto hot exhaust parts.  Z   :o

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/ford-gt-recall-car-catches-fire.shtml