• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

LOL LOL LOL.  Congrats on the certification anyway.  Helps cover that bald spot on the wall ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

MSD Ignition Direct Replacement Ignition Coil Packs 825763 FREE SHIPPING

Best price thus far!  Z

$238.58

https://hebronautoparts.com/i-27182523-msd-ignition-ford-ecoboost-coil-82576.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I reverted back to stock Tune today and made sure the radio - A/C - etc was set to OFF!
I also made certain that the (rain sensor) & (courtesy wipe) feature was set to OFF prior to reflash.. ..
FWIW the wipers did NOT Flinch during the procces and quess you learn something new everyday . Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

cant wait till emissions are done & over with!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Brand new video from (FTM) on NEVER FOLLOW Fords recommended maintenance intervals! OH SO TRUE!  Z
   https://youtu.be/pYDjVYT51Jg

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 26, 2018, 12:31:12 AM
cant wait till emissions are done & over with!
Thanks Manu!   :)  It sometimes takes a few driving cycles to complete the I/M Readiness state!  I guess all in due time.  Z 

ZSHO

I wanted to change my PTU Fluid/Flush since having 61K for a peace of mind.
The last time it was changed @ roughly 30K!
I spoke with the Service manager @ ford and said it was a big job on your SHO!  I was quoted 4.5 hr labor which included the PTU Flush & seal plus using my own fluids for a grand total of $661.00 !!! :o
I told him kindly its NO more than a 2 hr job and No thank you...
I guess I will have to tackle this myself!  Z

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on August 28, 2018, 07:51:16 AM
I spoke with the Service manager @ ford and said it was a big job on your SHO!  I was quoted 4.5 hr labor which included the PTU Flush & seal plus using my own fluids for a grand total of $661.00 !!! :o

It's just money! LoL... (inserted snarky remark)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

It's MUCH easier on a lift, honestly in my case with no cats, hardest part was working around hot parts and trying to get enough fluid out. I'm very seriously considering the tap/plug on the bottom. Risky, but will make the process cake.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

SHOdded

Another instance of a dealership not wanting to do a job and quoting a price sure to accomplish exactly that.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on August 28, 2018, 08:42:49 AM
Another instance of a dealership not wanting to do a job and quoting a price sure to accomplish exactly that.

Happens ALL the time... in every industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irondoor19

Quote from: ToMang07 on August 28, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

It's MUCH easier on a lift, honestly in my case with no cats, hardest part was working around hot parts and trying to get enough fluid out. I'm very seriously considering the tap/plug on the bottom. Risky, but will make the process cake.

After we have done this a Few times, It IS easy, But a lift is a MUST, Otherwise,
you Need to Get Her Way up in the Air... IF you are Going to attempt it, You can
Message me, IF you  have any additional Questions...
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

ZSHO

I am Stoked to finally get some good news on my annual emissions testing here in N.Y.....
@ roughly 38 miles had all the monitors ready & complete with the exception of the EVAP which took a little longer as expected with a Total of 60 miles to fully complete the driving cycles and couldn't wait to load the LMS METH TUNE!   :drive:
I used Torque-pro and worked as designed.  Z

SHOdded

Sweet!  Back in action, asserting mastery over the streets of New York :D

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 28, 2018, 07:11:01 PM
Sweet!  Back in action, asserting mastery over the streets of New York :D
Thank you kind sir!  :)  I guess with all the MODS & all you sometimes worry! This was my 4th year passing with PPE DP & :bigthanx:  to Mike.B from www.ecopowerparts.com . Z  :)