• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Vortech347 on July 31, 2018, 05:17:18 PM
I'm thinking about hitting up a wrecking yard to find another front center speaker grill so I can drill it for a small tablet mount to see boost and AFR with torque.  I know my X4 will do it but I'd rather not do it that way and leave my $400 tuner in plain sight.  I'd rather have my $50 tablet taken.

I just hate how slowly the pids update via bluetooth.
I don't remember the exact lines of the SHO but I used a Scosche Mighty mount mini attached to the grill with adhesive. Use one of those 3M adhesive removal tabs between the dash and adhesive and it will come off easy when needed. I think comes with something similar as well. Or if you don't want to mess with that a little goof off would remove any residue. Mount disappears when tab is up.

If you have an MX you might consider using OBDLINK instead of Torque. IMHO it is faster as long as you don't load up on radial gauges. My current layout would be perfect for what you are wanting and you could have some digis as well.

Vortech347

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 31, 2018, 05:41:30 PM
I'm thinking about hitting up a wrecking yard to find another front center speaker grill so I can drill it for a small tablet mount to see boost and AFR with torque.  I know my X4 will do it but I'd rather not do it that way and leave my $400 tuner in plain sight.  I'd rather have my $50 tablet taken.

I don't remember the exact lines of the SHO but I used a Scosche Mighty mount mini attached to the grill with adhesive. Use one of those 3M adhesive removal tabs between the dash and adhesive and it will come off easy when needed. I think comes with something similar as well. Or if you don't want to mess with that a little goof off would remove any residue. Mount disappears when tab is up.

If you have an MX you might consider using OBDLINK instead of Torque. IMHO it is faster as long as you don't load up on radial gauges. My current layout would be perfect for what you are wanting and you could have some digis as well.

Funny you say that, my gauges are in fact dials.  So best case would be to go straight to the digital ones?
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Vortech347 on August 01, 2018, 03:20:57 PM

Funny you say that, my gauges are in fact dials.  So best case would be to go straight to the digital ones?
This is my current obdlink setup. It would take about 5 seconds to change to AFR and boost on the radials. Well, if I had boost, lol.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Vortech347 on August 01, 2018, 03:20:57 PM

I whipped something up based off my cmax layout using MKS pids

Edit....added dark mode

griggs95

Going on two years soon with our new president and the left still can't accept we have somebody other than a Dem in office.

We haven't seen the Democrats this upset since the Republicans freed the slaves! The left needs to get over it like we had to accept Obama and his policies for 8 years.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

irondoor19

Quote from: griggs95 on August 02, 2018, 12:51:29 PM
Going on two years soon with our new president and the left still can't accept we have somebody other than a Dem in office.

We haven't seen the Democrats this upset since the Republicans freed the slaves! The left needs to get over it like we had to accept Obama and his policies for 8 years.

Never Never want to talk Politics in today's Climate,
MY QUESTION: why does it rain Here Every Wed
so that it Cancels the Test and Tune, Give me a break already
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

griggs95

Quote from: irondoor19 on August 02, 2018, 12:56:01 PM
Quote from: griggs95 on August 02, 2018, 12:51:29 PM

Never Never want to talk Politics in today's Climate,
MY QUESTION: why does it rain Here Every Wed
so that it Cancels the Test and Tune, Give me a break already

Scary statement right there. When you can't talk about the ONE thing that really matters in this country, (politics) that is absolutely frightening. That is loss of freedom of speech and that is everything.

As far as raining every Wednesday? I feel your pain buddy but hold tight til' next Wednesday.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

irondoor19

No the reason i don't, IS i do not have time for DA's
I and we and the rest of the hard working People out there
Know what is up, and look at the market, I love capitalist Forward Motion

SHOdded

While we respect the right to individual opinions, this is a car forum first and foremost :)  Politics is one of the most inflammatory subjects there is, so it is best left to forums devoted to such discussions.  Appreciate the understanding and cooperation.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

The new track record discussion has its own topic now and can be found here:
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9353.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I had this minor pulsating vibration when stopping @ all speeds which could be felt on the steering wheel which was annoying and after having the wheels balanced with road force balancing it did not remedy my symptoms..........

I installed new tires a couple weeks ago to later find out one of the previous tires were cupped which caused this condition and now the vehicle stops as smoooooth as silk!!! Check your tires before spending $$$ on new brakes or throwing parts that you don't need! Some food for thought!  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

irondoor19

Wow its that time of Year Again: Mopar Nationals In Columbus Ohio,

AND at the minimum, Watching the Burnout Contest on Brice Road @ 70...

Wish I could Get in to Trails and Drag Some Mopar Butt...

http://www.moparnats.org/

ZSHO

New Video from (FTM) on Trans related issues on the Ford F-150.  Z  :)

https://youtu.be/YXIpvjfmumg

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

The Ford dealer just sent me a friendly reminder
that your 5yr/100K warranty on your 2013 Ford Taurus SHO may be expiring soon.
It's kind of hard to believe it has been almost 5 years since purchasing the SHO brand spanking new with 2 miles on the OD back on 8/13!!

I guess will have to do some extensive research on an extended service plan (ESP) warranty in the days to come,especially with the turbos & all!
I will keep you updated soon! Thanks    Z   :-\

ToMang07

Quote from: ZSHO on August 10, 2018, 10:19:44 AM
The Ford dealer just sent me a friendly reminder
that your 5yr/100K warranty on your 2013 Ford Taurus SHO may be expiring soon.
It's kind of hard to believe it has been almost 5 years since purchasing the SHO brand spanking new with 2 miles on the OD back on 8/13!!

I guess will have to do some extensive research on an extended service plan (ESP) warranty in the days to come,especially with the turbos & all!
I will keep you updated soon! Thanks    Z   :-\

Make sure you buy it before it runs out, or they jack the price WAY up!
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads