• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 27, 2018, 07:52:38 AM
Does look nice!  Wonder how much power it needs to capture the G-force type events.  Unless it has a battery backup, it has to be wired to an always on source?
It does not have battery or recharge capability. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on July 27, 2018, 08:11:26 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on July 27, 2018, 07:52:38 AM
Does look nice!  Wonder how much power it needs to capture the G-force type events.  Unless it has a battery backup, it has to be wired to an always on source?
It does not have battery or recharge capability. Z
This is one of the reasons I haven't ordered a standalone cam. I downloaded dashcam software for my tablet. It works very well and I really don't feel like removing any body panels on a brand new car to run constant 12 volt on and I always have battery power via the tablet.

So OBDLINK runs in the foreground with YAV 1 notifications overlaid.... Dashcam and Amazon Music are running in the background. This setup has stretched this Samsung tablet resources to its limits so I need something with more horsepower. If a non g force event occurs i have a 3 button sequence to protect the clip. Very handy for nailing road rage aholes. I really like this setup and I have everything i need using one device. Its also very simple to move everything between the CMAX and The Lincoln. The CMAX CD player is in the perfect spot to mount the tab using a disc slot mount. The Lincoln uses a small magic mount on the center channel that disappears when the tab is mounted. I run a 60 watt ANKER USB charger with a fast charging port to keep my phone and tab topped off and another that runs off the 120 volt inverter plug in case I have passengers with power hungry devices.

I finally had some time and made a proper gauge setup for the CMAX. OBDLINK combined with the Ford Powerflow app and gauges has helped learn how to drive the car for best MPGS and surprisingly driving like a Grandpa is not the best way.

SHOdded

Good info!  The disadvantage with allin1 devices is lack of optimization of processing and storage.  BUT if you spec them at 150%-200% of need, should get a durable setup.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 28, 2018, 10:36:40 AM
Good info!  The disadvantage with allin1 devices is lack of optimization of processing and storage.  BUT if you spec them at 150%-200% of need, should get a durable setup.
Honestly this tablet is a beast for the abuse I'm throwing at it. There are random intermittent dropouts which is a no go...the dashcam has to be reliable. I've been running music off USB to lessen the load till I find a new device. That stopped any hang/crash issues.

FoMoCoSHO

ZSHO

Welcome back FoMoCo! I did send you a couple of Pm a while back and hope all is well.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

New video from (FTM) on Diagnosing Hard to Find Engine Misfires With a Simple Water Test.  Z   :)

Macgyver

Quote from: ZSHO on July 30, 2018, 11:23:48 AM
New video from (FTM) on Diagnosing Hard to Find Engine Misfires With a Simple Water Test.  Z   :)

Link not working.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

StealBlueSho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHO2GO

Been thinking about alcohol injection. Decided to go old school instead and just use a glass and some ice.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO, 100% stock... for now, mods in design stage.

SHOdded

I think an IV drip line would be more effective in the long run.  LOL.

SHOdded

FTM/BSG Automotive video on rear end slide while braking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0bNLIyhG1o

Vortech347

I'm thinking about hitting up a wrecking yard to find another front center speaker grill so I can drill it for a small tablet mount to see boost and AFR with torque.  I know my X4 will do it but I'd rather not do it that way and leave my $400 tuner in plain sight.  I'd rather have my $50 tablet taken.

I just hate how slowly the pids update via bluetooth.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0