• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

@ BamSHO sorry Brian! Keep that chin up . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

MY Random (ok not so random) thought is that this is a great group of people that genuinely help each other. 

It is rather refreshing to be able to post questions and get solid answers without drama.

Hats off to everyone and especially our Admins/mods for keeping this bag of cats in line.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

bpd1151

MiWiAu

Random thought of the day: I'm never buying EBC products again.

Just got done replacing the front slotted/dimpled rotors (GD version) and Yellowstuff pads. After 23,000 miles, they are junk. I didn't expect the pads to last over 25-30k, but the rotors both had a pretty deep ridge around the perimeter on both sides. I took them to have them turned, and one was just at spec and one was just out of spec. 🤬

Maybe my longevity expectations were unrealistic with this setup, but 23k seems effin' ridiculous on the rotors, which were not cheap.

Back to solid fronts and Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic pads. Hopefully these last longer and create less dust.

Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOdded

:o  Gotta do whatcha gotta do!  Raybestos does offer PI pads, maybe those would work better?  As far as dusting, seal the wheel, make it easier to wash off the dust.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

In defense of ebc the yellow stuff pads are only 1 step lower than race pads and are said to be useable on the track.

If longevity was a priority the redstuff are supposed to last longer and the black ultimax longer yet....

But it sucks about the rotors but if the pads worked well then I'm not surprised it ate the rotors....ive always had terrible corrosion issues with centric
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

It has been a week since washing my car and making an over 600 mile one way trip to LMS CAD so not quite sure which got dirtier the wheels or the exhaust Tips !!! TOL. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

Random thought for the day. Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

I guess I'm one Happy Camper especially after a long 1400 mile Trip last week,which there was absolutely ZERO Codes to be found!!
I also found it very interesting that the Traction control light DID NOT even Flicker(Flash) after each consecutive run considering all the new parts that were recently installed to fully resolve my long haul of Traction issues. Z   :)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on July 07, 2018, 01:08:42 PM
I guess I'm one Happy Camper especially after a long 1400 mile Trip last week there was absolutely ZERO Codes to be found!!
I also found it very interesting that the Traction control light DID NOT even Flicker(Flash) after each and every run considering all the new parts that were changed to fully resolve my Traction issues. Z   :)

Well then, time to get her back at the track with a bit more agreeable weather!!! I'm sure she has low 12's in her...

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 07, 2018, 02:00:08 PM
I guess I'm one Happy Camper especially after a long 1400 mile Trip last week there was absolutely ZERO Codes to be found!!
I also found it very interesting that the Traction control light DID NOT even Flicker(Flash) after each and every run considering all the new parts that were changed to fully resolve my Traction issues. Z   :)

Well then, time to get her back at the track with a bit more agreeable weather!!! I'm sure she has low 12's in her...

True to that! I guess you know what the Goal is and if not proven by year's end It will no longer be on my signature! Its a promise I made to myself!!! Z   

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on July 07, 2018, 02:10:26 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 07, 2018, 02:00:08 PM

True to that! I guess you know what the Goal is and if not proven by year's end It will no longer be on my signature! Its a promise I made to myself!!! Z

Oh yeah? What was the goal? And what won't be in the sig anymore?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

@ AJP The elusive 11's benchmark!  Z

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on July 07, 2018, 09:54:21 PM
@ AJP The elusive 11's benchmark!  Z

You would be the first LMS tuned car hit to 11's on stock turbos?