• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on June 21, 2018, 08:00:29 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 20, 2018, 11:27:11 AM
Luckily my DD is an employer paid for "tool" that I get to use for personal as well and is garaged at my house... they cover gas, maint, insurance, taxes, car payment, etc... they just take $150 from my paycheck a month to cover any personal mileage I use it for....

And we get a refresh every 2 years... my new 2018 Escape SE is currently being built and will be ready in a few weeks.

Not a bad deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy, your getting the crappy 1.5.  I've heard they suck.

That's what I have now.... and yes... it's awful....I have floored it to go up hills and have had the rpms stall or go backwards...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

A fuel dampener issue perhaps?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

SUV CRASH TEST RATINGS FOR 2018 MODELS
Two popular SUVs don't fare too well in strict small overlap crash test.  Z   :o

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/suv-crash-test-ratings-2018-models.shtml. .

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bamsho

Been kinda keeping this on the low.  Tomorrow I have my final interview for a new job Im looking to get.  This will be the 3rd one and more formal.  Almost 30 years at my current job, it's time for a change and tired of worring about a job.  Print industry is dying and esp at my place.  So time for a change, esp since Kris and I bought a new house.  Fingers crossed guts.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Best of luck Brian.

Although I don't think you'll need it.

Sounds like you got it and are just trudging through the formalities.

shoNoff

Just learned this cause it just happened. If you drop an Oreo on the floor 2/3 of it is always still good. Man I love Oreo's
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

DstryEvrytng

Dont leave clogged gutters full of water and maple seeds for a week in 90 degree heat. Smells like clinical halitosis x a million when you clean them out. :(
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

SHOdded

Quote from: bamsho on July 02, 2018, 01:54:40 PM
Been kinda keeping this on the low.  Tomorrow I have my final interview for a new job Im looking to get.  This will be the 3rd one and more formal.  Almost 30 years at my current job, it's time for a change and tired of worring about a job.  Print industry is dying and esp at my place.  So time for a change, esp since Kris and I bought a new house.  Fingers crossed guts.
the company will be lucky to have you as part of the team!
Quote from: shoNoff on July 02, 2018, 02:52:46 PM
Just learned this cause it just happened. If you drop an Oreo on the floor 2/3 of it is always still good. Man I love Oreo's
Mmmmmm OREOs ... LOL.
Quote from: DstryEvrytng on July 03, 2018, 08:00:29 PM
Dont leave clogged gutters full of water and maple seeds for a week in 90 degree heat. Smells like clinical halitosis x a million when you clean them out. :(
Rinse with sulfuric acid.  Repeat.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

Formal interview was rough.  Got asked a safety question, that really caught me off guard.  Other questions I thought I answered well.  Couldnt get a vibe from them and HR lady was vage too.  So not sure, they had other interviews to do.  Should know sonething Friday.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ZSHO

Pre-Holiday Prep perhaps!! Truly hope they take you into consideration!  Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

5ohSHO

Having Advancetrac on + hard throttle turning onto a road = one really pissed off Advancetrac system.

SHOdded

Yeah can be a notsogood idea a BiGMaC discovered some time ago.

5ohSHO

Yeah. Still getting used to how the car behaves with the new tune haha.

bamsho

Sorry guys, but didn't get the job that I was looking to get.  Not sure why, feels like a kick in the balls.  Really disappointed.  🙁😔😔🙁

SHOdded

:( :( :(  Surely a new opportunity will come along very soon.  Just wasn't the right time.