• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: SilvererSHO on May 10, 2018, 01:06:02 AM
Quote from: AJP turbo on May 09, 2018, 11:14:03 PM
Quote from: hawkeye93 on May 09, 2018, 09:04:52 PM
Getting my learn on...

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk

Those are good books...I have them lol....I used to read those while my girlfriend at the time read novels

And I suppose Fabio never studied advanced engine management books in the love novels she was reading at the time so she kicked your lame butt to the curb and set out for adventure? :pokey:

Hey she married me so I must have a lil something going on that she liked ha
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SilvererSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 10, 2018, 08:28:10 AM
Quote from: SilvererSHO on May 10, 2018, 01:06:02 AM
Quote from: AJP turbo on May 09, 2018, 11:14:03 PM
Quote from: hawkeye93 on May 09, 2018, 09:04:52 PM
Getting my learn on...

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk

Those are good books...I have them lol....I used to read those while my girlfriend at the time read novels

And I suppose Fabio never studied advanced engine management books in the love novels she was reading at the time so she kicked your lame butt to the curb and set out for adventure? :pokey:

Hey she married me so I must have a lil something going on that she liked ha

Ahhhh....your girlfriend at the time became your wife, not someone else's girlfriend.  Gotcha.😉
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

Gjkrisa

Check out mobil ones filter
Think they are a little small.
What you think?
This is for my 01 impreza

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

Coz Fram could not Cram everything in there?  IDK.  That is a sizeable difference on the outside, if we can find a cutaway of both for comparison, we can see if it amounts to anything.  I thought Mobil1 filters were a bit larger than OEM, if I still have one on the shelf I will check.

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoAbe

Two random thoughts of the day

1) For the last [many] months, McDonald's has been promoting all sizes of soft drinks and coffee for $1. And the price went back up to their normal menu prices. My personal struggle was the convenience of turning right into McDonald's and grabbing my large black coffee, and then right back onto the main road on the way to work versus turning left into Tim Horton's and left back onto the main road in similar fashion. Now that McD is back to normal, Tim Horton's will again get my business at $2 per cup.

2) My SHO has been at the dealership since Tuesday afternoon getting a few things checked over before part of my warranty is no more. In for sunroof vibration, right rear hub howling, and a sound in the steering column that sounds like a pair of marbles rolling around a solo cup when I turn right... apparently the last is some sort of spring mechanism that a few people claim should have been a recall but not enough people reported it? My loaner is a 2018 Explorer XLT with 4wd and the n/a V6. Its fine, but I am ready to have my SHO back today lol
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

SHOdded

Tim Hortons coffee is no better than McD's???

That sound I have heard described for suspension and exhaust components, never the steering column.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoAbe

Quote from: SHOdded on May 11, 2018, 08:50:31 AM
Tim Hortons coffee is no better than McD's???

That sound I have heard described for suspension and exhaust components, never the steering column.

Tim Horton's tastes better IMO, but when McD was $1, the value proposition made me go to McD more often

Will update when I know more about what the deal was with the steering column spring
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

ZSHO

The new updated parts have been ordered and approved after many months of back and forth with the Ford Dealer and the ESP Warranty co concerning Code C1B00  ....
I should have everything installed next week..

Here is the latest supersession to TSB 14-0186 WHICH HAS A FEW NEW REVISION PARTS as per updated TSB....  hope this helps someone out.  Z

F2G7-7G273 - Washer Axle (Thrust Washers)
W520215-S440  - Nut Tie Rod End
9L8Z-1177-C  - Seal 4WD Axle Right side
3B436-3K305  - Right Side Axle Joint Assembly

Previous TSB for comparison
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiQlZKd29scTd0eUU/view

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Daughter got her Old DAD a Cool present.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

hawkeye93

2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on May 12, 2018, 08:01:29 AM
Daughter got her Old DAD a Cool present.  Z   :)

That's awesome! Not a fan of NY... BUT that's a cool gift... would look better with a Nats curly W on the hat though ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: hawkeye93 on May 12, 2018, 09:10:36 AM
A ceiling-mounted bust?
Might make for a cool shift knob even.

And yes Z, a unique gift from your daughter. Very cool.

ZSHO

Quote from: hawkeye93 on May 12, 2018, 09:10:36 AM
A ceiling-mounted bust?
Ha Ha funny! Z

5ohSHO

Was going to start installing the parts I pulled off of my PI on my SHO, but then I noticed a softball sized spot of transmission fluid under the car. Guess I'll have to wait on that until the dealer takes care of it. Not very confidence inspiring for a car with less than 300 miles on it.

Macgyver

Quote from: 5ohSHO on May 12, 2018, 02:15:21 PM
Was going to start installing the parts I pulled off of my PI on my SHO, but then I noticed a softball sized spot of transmission fluid under the car. Guess I'll have to wait on that until the dealer takes care of it. Not very confidence inspiring for a car with less than 300 miles on it.

Say What ? Wow