• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Interesting.  I have not seen any impact yet ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on May 08, 2018, 06:59:13 PM
It seems that summer-blend gasoline has hit many regions ahead of schedule this year.  Z 

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1GX2O3

I wouldn't know it based on my knock sensor lol... ended up adding 3 gallons of E85 to my last fill to completely get rid of any Kr... luckily my new pump just laughs at E20 mixes... gonna try E30 next to see how it does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Here's another article on the transition effect...Dunno.  Z
Refiners are currently switching to make summer-grade gasoline ahead of the May 1 compliance date for refiners and product terminals.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=11031

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Must be the California version of the summer blend.  87 really means 85, 89 means 87 and 93 means 91.  Welcome to the new world!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

Quote from: SHOdded on May 08, 2018, 08:38:55 PM
Must be the California version of the summer blend.  87 really means 85, 89 means 87 and 93 means 91.  Welcome to the new world!!!

Hmmm. Yeah cant have any real stuff. Just ban / lower everything so we cant hurt ourselves and or others.

SHOdded

SHOdded

ZSHO

I found this while on (engineering mode). Im currently on my phone but will provide some better pics soon.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on May 09, 2018, 10:21:04 AM
I found this while on (engineering mode). Im currently on my phone but will provide some better pics soon.  Z

Not sure what that data is telling me?

And how do you get into engineering mode? I know there is a thread for it, I couldn't find it via search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

SilvererSHO

PTU report:  I sucked out 75% or so of the PTU fluid in the wifes '14 SEL and replaced it with Amsoil last weekend.  I used the same tube to fill it as I did to suck it out so when I added to the PTU the tube was low in the PTU and I pumped in 6-8 ounces or so extra and let it come out of the drain plug hole.  So, I'm hoping it's mostly Amsoil now.  I'll do it again in a few thousand miles.  Small build up of stuff on the drain plug magnet.  Hers at 59,000 miles looked much better than mine did at 42,000 miles.  I had to add to mine and drive it around my yard just to be able to suck the crap out.  Her's at least flowed when it was warm and was able to be sucked out.  BTW, a 3.5 L SEL is harder to do than a SHO because of the cat location so we have that going for us at least.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

SHOdded

hawkeye93

Getting my learn on...

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk

2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

AJP turbo

Quote from: hawkeye93 on May 09, 2018, 09:04:52 PM
Getting my learn on...

Those are good books...I have them lol....I used to read those while my girlfriend at the time read novels
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SilvererSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 09, 2018, 11:14:03 PM
Quote from: hawkeye93 on May 09, 2018, 09:04:52 PM
Getting my learn on...

Those are good books...I have them lol....I used to read those while my girlfriend at the time read novels

And I suppose Fabio never studied advanced engine management books in the love novels she was reading at the time so she kicked your lame butt to the curb and set out for adventure? :pokey:
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.