• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Was at BSD no prep race yesterday, was very cool.  Mother nature seemed to affect the field as some cars didnt show.  Also ended up talking with a couple local guy that work with turbos cars.  Shoiwed them the SHO,  and asked them about making me a set of hot pipes.  They said no problem.   This wont be done till winter when I can let the car sit and remove the factory pipes off and let them yse them as a guide.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ZSHO

The time has finally come to find out if my warranty claims will be justified this coming Friday after many many months of back and forth with my local friendly Ford dealer,fingers crossed.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on May 07, 2018, 05:56:02 PM
The time has finally come to find out if my warranty claims will be justified this coming Friday after many many months of back and forth with my local friendly Ford dealer,fingers crossed.  Z

I will keep my fingers crossed. Are they claiming the modifications are voiding the warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 07, 2018, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on May 07, 2018, 05:56:02 PM

I will keep my fingers crossed. Are they claiming the modifications are voiding the warranty?

What Mods! Lol. I will produce more info pending the outcome,many Thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

New video from FTM on This is Why Maintaining the Ford 5.4L 3v Triton Engine is so Important! .Z
TWO IDENTICAL MOTORS! INTERESTING FIND!

! No longer available

StealBlueSho

Hmmm looks like turbos, Downpipes, meth, and suspension are only things left... all of which are a PIA to pull of if warranty work is needed....

Looks like I'm at standstill for a bit...

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 07, 2018, 08:27:04 PMLooks like I'm at standstill for a bit....

Nothing wrong with being at a stand still. Nothing at all.

Sometimes pause, intentional or otherwise, is a good thing.

Gives one time to appreciate what not only has been performed thus far, but also provides time for re-evaluation, as well as an opportunity to re-prioritize future projects.

There were some things I was hoping to have accomplished for this year's giant Ford Nationals, but no such luck.

Just been to busy and the wallet's been being used for the older 2 kids and all the expenses related to their college and rooming, etc.

All in due time my friend.

MiWiAu

Miss you dudes! Little guy is keeping me busy. He's 11 mos old on Wednesday and just started walking a few unassisted steps (3-5) on Star Wars Day. :)

It finally got warm in SE Wisconsin last week, and I discovered the A/C in the Xploder was out. Found a sizable hole in a hard line running to the rear aux unit. Just my luck, it's one that requires rear subframe removal to replace the line, which runs nearly the entire length of the vehicle. I will be attempting my first ever aluminum line repair/patch in the next few days to avoid a $1700 repair bill. Little guy might get his first real lesson in auto repair and colorful language.

Hope you all are well! I'll update you on whether or not my fix(es) work. Found a couple of interesting gadgets that might help someone out in the future.

T-T-F-N!

2013 XSport

SHOdded

Betcha the little guy will have it figured out before you begin work on the X!  Cute AND smart!!!

No way to just braze the line, evacuate the system, then refill?  Maybe weld a collar over the area?  Why did the hole happen in the first place?  Was it rubbing against something?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

@AJPTURBO

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on May 07, 2018, 09:58:16 PM
Betcha the little guy will have it figured out before you begin work on the X!  Cute AND smart!!!

No way to just braze the line, evacuate the system, then refill?  Maybe weld a collar over the area?  Why did the hole happen in the first place?  Was it rubbing against something?

Haha! Totally!

No need to evacuate the system; it's completely empty and bleeds off any pressure added within a few hours. When I last charged the system to add UV dye, I could actually hear it hissing after shutting off the engine and walking back to the garage.

I found an aluminum solder kit made by Uniweld specifically intended for aluminum repairs like this. That will be my first try. It's in an elbow, and adjacent to several other lines, which makes it a bit tricky to weld on.

Hard to say what caused the problem in the first place. There's nothing to rub on and it's pretty well shielded from any road debris hitting it. Being in an elbow, I wonder if it's a quality/porosity issue with the aluminum exacerbated by the bend operation. It's a little difficult to tell in the photo, but it looks pitted with a pin hole in the middle. In trying to troubleshoot the problem, I don't run across many AC line leaks on the 5th gen Explorer, so it seems to be more of a rarity.

2013 XSport

SHOdded

I hope that is dirt on the outside of the line and not actual erosion of the material.  If there is erosion, may be better off replacing the line.  Really unusual layout.

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on May 07, 2018, 10:16:47 PM
I hope that is dirt on the outside of the line and not actual erosion of the material.  If there is erosion, may be better off replacing the line.  Really unusual layout.

I hope so, too! I suspect some of it is dirt mixed with some oil that blew out of the line. I will check it out more closely when I clean it up. For the repair.

I'll take some more pics and create a repair post if I'm able to fix it. :)

2013 XSport

ZSHO

It seems that summer-blend gasoline has hit many regions ahead of schedule this year.  Z   :yeah:

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1GX2O3