• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FearlessAZ on April 29, 2018, 11:10:26 AM
I am cracking up at reading your wife stories.

When my motor first blew, just to give my wife a hard time, I told her it was cause she put 87 in it. I let that go on for a couple weeks. Am I bad too? Lol

Now that's just evil..... hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Caps owned the Penguins today... just a nice friendly PSA...

AJP turbo

Quote from: BJSHO on April 29, 2018, 06:06:36 PM

It's ok...ovi will still choke...holtby too
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 29, 2018, 08:55:49 PM

And you good Sir can go f**k yourself... respectively of course.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 29, 2018, 08:55:49 PM

And it's Holtbeast... get it right....

StealBlueSho

Ovi scored the game winning goal... caps take series lead 2-1 :-)

StealBlueSho

Just ordered my 2018 company car... 2018 Ford Escape SE was the free option this year... took it.. comes with the baby 1.5L Ecoturd... base options.. but does come with the Ford Safe and Smart Package... Magnetic Metallic with Black Interior... not bad for a free car I get to use for personal and work...

AJP turbo

Quote from: BJSHO on May 01, 2018, 10:25:04 PM

Looks like  ovi didn't have any shots last night...looks like the lump in the throat is forming and the choking is about to start

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 04, 2018, 10:19:23 AM
Quote from: BJSHO on May 01, 2018, 10:25:04 PM

Looks like  ovi didn't have any shots last night...looks like the lump in the throat is forming and the choking is about to start

Yea yea... series is still tied 2-2....

Bullsh*t suspension on Wilson... typical NHL trying to force a game 7...

AJP turbo

Quote from: BJSHO on May 04, 2018, 08:02:05 AM
Just ordered my 2018 company car... 2018 Ford Escape SE was the free option this year... took it.. comes with the baby 1.5L Ecoturd... base options.. but does come with the Ford Safe and Smart Package... Magnetic Metallic with Black Interior... not bad for a free car I get to use for personal and work...

What's wrong with the 1.5 eco? You sir have been spoiled by a twin turbo V6! And if it was my 1.5 it would have at least 200 hp and get 40mpg? What would be so wrong with that?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 04, 2018, 10:24:47 AM

What's wrong with the 1.5 eco? You sir have been spoiled by a twin turbo V6! And if it was my 1.5 it would have at least 200 hp and get 40mpg? What would be so wrong with that?

It's terribly under powered... and I get about 27mpg in it. You stand on it and nothing...lots of engine noise... nothing happening...

And it's a company car so no tuning...

AJP turbo

Quote from: BJSHO on May 05, 2018, 10:39:25 PM

It's terribly under powered... and I get about 27mpg in it. You stand on it and nothing...lots of engine noise... nothing happening...

Isn't it supposed to be under powered being a 1.5? I guess the idea is to be able to go 80mph and it does that but did the epa change the fuel economy tests? Why does that 1.5 not get 30mpg on the highway? I just looked at the specs and I don't get that?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 05, 2018, 11:05:25 PM
Quote from: BJSHO on May 05, 2018, 10:39:25 PM

Isn't it supposed to be under powered being a 1.5? I guess the idea is to be able to go 80mph and it does that but did the epa change the fuel economy tests? Why does that 1.5 not get 30mpg on the highway? I just looked at the specs and I don't get that?

Yea, but not underpowered to the point of not being able to merge onto a highway safely... if you are coming in and there is a fast car coming or a tractor trailer you pretty much have to slow down to merge which sucks...

In any event.... I have taken a lot of road trips... 70mph with cruise control nets me about 28.5mph... never seen 30mpg...

SHOdded

Yeah, escaping reality is hard.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

I feel for you getting the 1.5EB in an Escape.  Ugh!!!  I couldn't imagine driving one witj that motor.  Wife loves hers.  Only way we would took it, is because it had the 2.0EB.  Def scoots along nicely.   Only way to get one now is in the Titanium packaged ones.  Think because the new Ecosport and Edge are getting most of the 2.0s
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.