• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Sooooooo got in minor trouble with the wife.... I've had the new SHO for a week and a half and she has already commented on the boxes showing up....

So today my AIRAID shows up in a GIANT box since amazon feels the need to box and already huge box....

Alethia my wife comes out and see's it.. of course her birthday is on Monday so she thinks it's for her... I gently tell her it's for the SHO, and it's just an air filter with a new box... she straight up didn't believe me... and walked away... muttering about how I'm starting all this up again after saying I wasn't going to mess with this car...

I did remind her that good things come in small boxes.. not to worry... like HPFP's come in small boxes... bwahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Thatta boy.

Welcome to the pissed off wive's club.

LOL. Allow me to pour you a drink (while you peruse the next websites you'll be placing orders from)......

Now let's fill up that cart.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 18, 2018, 08:19:42 PM
Thatta boy.

Welcome to the pissed off wive's club.

LOL. Allow me to pour you a drink.

Dear God I cringe at thinking of the conversations between you and Mrs. B....

"Really honey, it's just an audio upgrade.. a few speakers and maybe an amp.. nothing crazy like a new motor...."

lamrith

Quote from: BJSHO on April 18, 2018, 08:09:30 PM
Sooooooo got in minor trouble with the wife.... I've had the new SHO for a week and a half and she has already commented on the boxes showing up....

So today my AIRAID shows up in a GIANT box since amazon feels the need to box and already huge box....

Alethia my wife comes out and see's it.. of course her birthday is on Monday so she thinks it's for her... I gently tell her it's for the SHO, and it's just an air filter with a new box... she straight up didn't believe me... and walked away... muttering about how I'm starting all this up again after saying I wasn't going to mess with this car...

I did remind her that good things come in small boxes.. not to worry... like HPFP's come in small boxes... bwahahaha

Exactly why I ship everything to work.  Wifey non the wiser, plus with the SHO as my DD I might as well be driving a Uhaul truck.  I can haul about anything in it and out of sight out of mind...
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

griggs95

OMG I'm dying laughing to myself here about the last couple comments above!

The people we love are supposed to take us the way we are and damn it all if they didn't know we love cars before they married us! To hide our passions and have things shipped to other locations etc is NOT what this boy/girl thing is about lol. I totally understand though and somehow it turns into hiding little things which might turn into hiding big things.

I saw a guy at a gas station in front of me who made a complicated transaction by making sure the $40.00 worth of gas he put on the card was mixed in with a bottle of Jack Daniels so it looked like all the money went to gas lol.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

AJP turbo

I've told my wife that amazon boxes that contained car performance parts were tools or items for work. Am I a bad husband lol?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 19, 2018, 12:23:48 PM
I've told my wife that amazon boxes that contained car performance parts were tools or items for work. Am I a bad husband lol?

There is a special place in hell for guys like us apparently!

Skydogs

Nope!!! Lol
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

BoostfoSHO

No way you're not a bad husband, that's what real mean do lol. I hide my packages in the garage and install them at work so she doesn't see my putting new parts on lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

hawkeye93

For any Amazon packages that will fit, I ship them to the Amazon Locker at the grocery store near my work.  Pitch the box in the company recycling dumpster, and no one's a bit wiser.   Ignorance is bliss.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

Bronco2fan

All you guys are cracking me up. Love reading the ways things get hidden. I just buy what I like, no consequences to deal with lol.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

Skydogs

Yeah I had a marriage that wow I was like a ghost in the night with stuff!! Lmao Now I have a cool ass g.f. things are good, hell she wanted to ride along with my last log I just did!! She knows me real well already when I say I am done adding hp. She just laughs and walks away. Or if I am looking at parts she's like just buy it now you know you are going to anyways..... lol
Boost and meth life!!

lamrith

haha.  My wife does not really care, as long as all the bills are paid.  I just keep it on the DL anyway, she knows the brand new car is all modded out, she likes a fast car just as much as I do!

Plus she just got a new hooptie last weekend, so she is spoiled for a while.  2006 Miata, thing is a gokart!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

FoMoCoSHO

Married life sounds great, lol...

Skydogs

Boost and meth life!!