• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Geezuz..... I don't even do half of those social sites. LOL. That's funny.

I began voiding my warranty at a crisp 301 miles on the odometer.

I remember it cuz I was thinking to myself "here we go again". Much like the conundrum you are on the verge of with this newest model year SHO in your stable.

Void it. Have fun. Don't look back. Do it in stages like you are, and you'll be fine. Incremental steps there BJ.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 14, 2018, 07:53:44 PM

I remember it cuz I was thinking to myself "here we go again". Much like the conundrum you are on the verge of with this newest model year SHO in your stable.

Void it. Have fun. Don't look back. Do it in stages like you are, and you'll be fine. Incremental steps there BJ.

Oh don't lie!!!!! Tinder rings a bell or two!!

I hate stages... it's like teasing for more... and just frustrates me.

My 2010 came with the Borla and Airaid already in it... the borla was nice the but the drone was awful.. I won't go with it again(if you can still find it)... Corsa has a decent reputation...

For me it's wanting to get it right this time... and I don't want to dick around with tuners as I am hoping this car is more tuneable than my last one...

Too many options and decisions.. but I do know stock is about as fun as a wet fart in church..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamsho

I can honestly say my 2013 is faster than my old 2012.  I had all modded parts transferred off the 2012 to the 2013 and after my tune files came.  Right off the bat it was faster with the same parts.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

lamrith

Quote from: BJSHO on April 14, 2018, 08:01:28 PM

My 2010 came with the Borla and Airaid already in it... the borla was nice the but the drone was awful.. I won't go with it again(if you can still find it)... Corsa has a decent reputation...

For me it's wanting to get it right this time... and I don't want to dick around with tuners as I am hoping this car is more tuneable than my last one...

Too many options and decisions.. but I do know stock is about as fun as a wet fart in church..

Don't mess with tuners, just find yourself a used SCT and get Brad to tune you and move on.   You ran the Tuner gammut with that unicorn and no PP that you traded in.

You should now have a solid strategy in the new one and you have PP to get the nannies out of your way.  Let Brad do his magic knowing this time you do not have to worry about those off the line traction issues.  Well your tires will have to worry, but you will not be fighting TC as well....

I would not think suspension work should affect your drivetrain warranty, so maybe do the coil overs again to get your ride back, then the basic mods for engine you already have on the way+SCT?

As for Exh..  I went PPE catted wish I had known what I know now and that WA does not emissions check anything this new.  That might be more than you want to make easy return to stock for dealer trips. though..?  I also went with the axle back muffler, I think Dynomax.  It has a nice tone to it.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on April 15, 2018, 02:52:45 PM
Quote from: BJSHO on April 14, 2018, 08:01:28 PM

Don't mess with tuners, just find yourself a used SCT and get Brad to tune you and move on.   You ran the Tuner gammut with that unicorn and no PP that you traded in.

You should now have a solid strategy in the new one and you have PP to get the nannies out of your way.  Let Brad do his magic knowing this time you do not have to worry about those off the line traction issues.  Well your tires will have to worry, but you will not be fighting TC as well....

I would not think suspension work should affect your drivetrain warranty, so maybe do the coil overs again to get your ride back, then the basic mods for engine you already have on the way+SCT?

As for Exh..  I went PPE catted wish I had known what I know now and that WA does not emissions check anything this new.  That might be more than you want to make easy return to stock for dealer trips. though..?  I also went with the axle back muffler, I think Dynomax.  It has a nice tone to it.

I like the stock exhaust for the time being... the borla had drone that was god awful under partial load at 2-3K rpms... call it getting old, but I am enjoying the quieter cabin. And from the dyno testing done, the stock cat back isn't restricted to the point that spending $1K on exhaust is worth the money..

I did like the coilovers, but if I do it again, I will be going with BC racing coilovers as the quality is better.

Additionally, I think I will be sticking with the LMS tunes for the time being. Nothing against Brad, but I am burnt on datalogging. Unless something changes, I am not looking to get this car ragged out right away. 

ZSHO

New Vid From *(FTM) on 2008-2012 Ford Escape Power Steering Code B2278 : EPAS Torque Sensor Critical Installation Steps . Z

! No longer available

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Anyone have a recommendation for a good fusion forum? I have a front sway bar to put in and the service manual says to lower or remove the subframe! I'm not into that idea...I don't think it's necessry but I'd like to ask some folks that have done it....if I ever get a day off work I have a set of springs, shocks, end links, sway bars and a down pipe to put on!
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SilvererSHO

Rear wheel bearing is going out on the wife's 2014 Taurus SEL at only 59,000 miles.  Anyone heard of them going bad that early?
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

SHOdded

Has gone out on SHOs with even lower mileage, so I would say yes.  Hopefully the hub comes off easy, rust can be a bear in that area.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SilvererSHO on April 18, 2018, 12:32:43 PM
Rear wheel bearing is going out on the wife's 2014 Taurus SEL at only 59,000 miles.  Anyone heard of them going bad that early?

My front drivers went out on my 2010 at 35K miles...

SilvererSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 18, 2018, 12:37:52 PM
Has gone out on SHOs with even lower mileage, so I would say yes.  Hopefully the hub comes off easy, rust can be a bear in that area.

Well that is just too darn bad for the poor sucker that gets to replace it under warranty. ;D
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on April 18, 2018, 12:37:52 PM

Nothing an impact wrench or a torch can't handle :-D

Macgyver

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 17, 2018, 09:59:07 PM
Anyone have a recommendation for a good fusion forum? I have a front sway bar to put in and the service manual says to lower or remove the subframe! I'm not into that idea...I don't think it's necessry but I'd like to ask some folks that have done it....if I ever get a day off work I have a set of springs, shocks, end links, sway bars and a down pipe to put on!

ROFL

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,81.0.html

ZSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 17, 2018, 09:59:07 PM
http://www.fusionspec.net/ 

http://car-part.com/  . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|