• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

Quote from: BJSHO on April 12, 2018, 04:49:33 PM
Why get an SHO? Cause of the trunk space of course!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAH.
I just realized this was you and I dig the new nickname...

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Macgyver

Quote from: 92BlackGT on April 13, 2018, 07:23:36 AM
changed my oil the other day and noticed oil all over the bottom of the transmission and saw 1 fresh drip of it on the garage floor. There are no other drops of oil as I just moved into this house a few weeks ago so it must have just started. I took a paper towel to it and it is brown so it's not transmission fluid, it also isn't thick like gear oil and the PTU looks dry. It seems to be coming from the engine side. could the rear main seal be leaking? i just hit 56k miles. PCV system acting up pressurizing the crankcase? anywhere else i should check if that's the case?

Thats not good. Usually the Trans oil seal needs to be redone. See people complaining of that here and on Facebook.

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

StealBlueSho

Soooo a week without a suspension, meth, exhaust, or a tune on this is getting old... I feel so lethargic....and disconnected from the road... ugh...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BJSHO on April 14, 2018, 03:53:22 PM
Soooo a week without a suspension, meth, exhaust, or a tune on this is getting old... I feel so lethargic....and disconnected from the road... ugh...

LMAO!

I knew it wouldn't last...

Of course having a new car with a payment and warranty makes the issue a bit more dicey which is why I chose the path I did with the 15.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 14, 2018, 04:18:30 PM

LMAO!

Of course having a new car with a payment and warranty makes the issue a bit more dicey which is why I chose the path I did with the 15.

I do have a new 3BAR, Tstat, and an updated LMS tune on the way.... I dropped a K&N filter in it yesterday.... and got two new kegs for the kegerator so I have some thinking juice...

I can get away with above and maintain warranty... as there would be no reason for them to suspect anything different...

The rest however is a bit obvious.... but if I do decide to go for broke, I'm gonna bypass the meth I think and see what I can do with the bigger HPFP and Ethanol... might need to make a trip to LMS...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BJSHO on April 14, 2018, 04:54:45 PM

LMAO!

I do have a new 3BAR, Tstat, and an updated LMS tune on the way.... I dropped a K&N filter in it yesterday.... and got two new kegs for the kegerator so I have some thinking juice...

I can get away with above and maintain warranty... as there would be no reason for them to suspect anything different...

The rest however is a bit obvious.... but if I do decide to go for broke, I'm gonna bypass the meth I think and see what I can do with the bigger HPFP and Ethanol... might need to make a trip to LMS...

Are you gonna swap the pump every time you go in for service?

It is my understanding it won't run on the OEM calibration.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 14, 2018, 05:05:43 PM
Quote from: BJSHO on April 14, 2018, 04:54:45 PM

LMAO!

Are you gonna swap the pump every time you go in for service?

It is my understanding it won't run on the OEM calibration.

"Go for broke" meaning not caring about the warranty... BUT the HPFP is a 10 minute swap. I've swapped them out before.

And no, it will not run with the OEM calibration.

StealBlueSho

Honestly... CAI such as the AIRAID doesn't help until you are around 14 or higher PSI, and from what I understand, the exhaust setups don't really add any extra power...

The the big power adders are Tune w/ 3BAR, Downpipes, and Meth or heavy E tune...

In reality our drive train can only handle 475 torque, even then you need to use some of the factory torque control parameters... anything more than that you are looking at a short lived setup...

So if I can get my rig to around 425HP/475 or close then I will happy...

Unfortunately a tune, drop in filter, and 3BAR won't get me there... but it should at least help the car feel less anemic.

AJP turbo

A tune only won't get that power but it will make 475 wtq on a dynojet I'd feel safe saying...maybe not all cars or fuel but it's possible...I think your initial 93 tunes were pretty stout
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

My two track files have 506 awtq on the lower file, and the higher track file is 608 awtq.

So they're both torque monsters respectively.

I've been running my LOWER track file now for the better part of 2yrs consistently (both track, street, etc.) all w/o any issue whatsoever.

Actually, I've beaten the living snot out of the lower track file, and my trans is still running smooth. Clipped past 78k recently on the odometer.

My LMS file(s) have, and continue to, serve me incredibly well.

Couldn't have asked for anything better quite honestly.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 14, 2018, 07:19:03 PM
My two track files have 506 awtq on the lower file, and the higher track file is 608 awtq.

So they're both torque monsters respectively.

I've been running my LOWER track file now for the better part of 2yrs consistently (both track, street, etc.) all w/o any issue whatsoever.

Actually, I've beaten the living snot out of the lower track file, and my trans is still running smooth. Clipped past 78k recently on the odometer.

My LMS file(s) have, and continue to, serve me incredibly well.

Couldn't have asked for anything better quite honestly.

There are a couple things at play here that I didn't go into on my post. I would need to double check your dynos but I am guessing the torque comes in a bit later due to the bigger turbos? With the stockers I would image the torque comes in earlier which is harder on the drive train getting off line via brake boosting...

In any event... LMS told me you baby that thing anyhow.... but probably more importantly you follow a very tight maintenance schedule.. and when is the last time it saw a track?

bpd1151

I've been doing more auto-crossing/road coursing than dragging. Usually go to Blackhawk Farms up North of me near the WI. state line, and then also the Autobahn in Joliet which is a mere 15min from me.

Usually go there at least twice per year, at each facility.

Especially since having employed the Megan's and the implementation of the oversized big brake upgrades from Wilwood's at all 4 corners.

And those telling you I baby it, are the front counter sales clerks who egg me to push it more just so I can buy more parts from them.

Hahaha flip'n goofs. The drag stripping has bored me. Only so much fun going in a straight line for 11 seconds, only to wait in the staging lanes for what seems like ever, just to enjoy another 11 seconds. Meh. Yawn.

I'll have to dig around for my dyno sheet and repost it. I have posted it somewhere here previously, although it's been a while. But I don't mind looking for it, to post it again.

AJP's right though, a tune only is likely NOT to yield torque #'s in the upper 400's.

I have to find my old dyno too, pre-motor and turbo upgrades, to see what the torque #'s were then. I recall it was 435awhp, and I think the torque was in the low 400's then. I just have to re-check.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 14, 2018, 07:38:47 PM
I've been doing more auto-crossing/road coursing than dragging. Usually go to Blackhawk Farms up North of me near the WI. state line, and then also the Autobahn in Joliet which is a mere 15min from me.

Usually go there at least twice per year, at each facility.

Especially since having employed the Megan's and the implementation of the oversized big brake upgrades from Wilwood's at all 4 corners.

And those telling you I baby it, are the front counter sales clerks who egg me to push it more just so I can buy more parts from them.

Hahaha flip'n goofs. The drag stripping has bored me. Only so much fun going in a straight line for 11 seconds, only to wait in the staging lanes for what seems like ever, just to enjoy another 11 seconds. Meh. Yawn.

I'll have to dig around for my dyno sheet and repost it. I have posted it somewhere here previously, although it's been a while. But I don't mind looking for it, to post it again.

AJP's right though, a tune only is likely NOT to yield torque #'s in the upper 400's.

I have to find my old dyno too, pre-motor and turbo upgrades, to see what the torque #'s were then. I recall it was 435awhp, and I think the torque was in the low 400's then. I just have to re-check.

Would love to see some videos and/or pictures of you slinging that 4400lb car around the track!

In any event, I know I won't get there with a tune, 3BAR, Tstat setup. Not claiming I will... mostly saying to get to where I want to go is going to require voiding my warranty as FoMoCSHO aptly stated...

Not sure I want to do that with only 7K on the odometer...  as far as I am concerned that is still breaking in....

You don't need to go find that dyno... I think it's on dragtimes, Facebook, tinder, EBPF, SHOforums, instagram, and livernoise website.