• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I might have found a way to defeat disable this annoying auto start stop feature on the Jeep!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 23, 2018, 08:20:38 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on February 23, 2018, 08:13:04 AM
Quote from: stealbluesho on February 23, 2018, 08:03:21 AM
Auto start/stop on my 1.5L ecoturd is the most annoying "feature" I have ever experienced... that is all..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2 annoying indeed! Must be a way to Deactivate it!! Z

There are a couple ways....drive in "sport" mode, or press the off button... but it's always on by default... annoying..

Sorry for the late reply. Does the start/stop feature activate when the Drivers seat belt is NOT ON ?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on February 23, 2018, 01:43:21 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on February 23, 2018, 08:20:38 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on February 23, 2018, 08:13:04 AM
Quote from: stealbluesho on February 23, 2018, 08:03:21 AM
Auto start/stop on my 1.5L ecoturd is the most annoying "feature" I have ever experienced... that is all..

X2 annoying indeed! Must be a way to Deactivate it!! Z

There are a couple ways....drive in "sport" mode, or press the off button... but it's always on by default... annoying..

Sorry for the late reply!  Does the start/stop feature activate when the Drivers seat belt is NOT ON ?  Z

Lol... yea... who still wears seatbelts?!? It's my company take home car...can't really do anything about it.

ZSHO

Ahh okay! I didnt know it was a Co car but in my case I disabled the seat belt reminder to disable the start/stop feature on my Jeep!  Z  :)

griggs95

Random thought - With all this instant communication, how come there's such a lack of  communication. Notice I didn't end with a question mark.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

ZSHO

Quote from: griggs95 on February 23, 2018, 03:30:58 PM
Random thought - With all this instant communication, how come there's such a lack of  communication. Notice I didn't end with a question mark.
I usually try to ignore any type of snarky comments but why the sarcasm! Z
It's sometimes hard to distinguish emotions through Text IMO!

griggs95

Quote from: ZSHO on February 23, 2018, 03:51:56 PM

LOL...are you playing with me? Your asking a question with an exclamation point is why I ask?

This comment that I made was based only on my current emails and texts with people who don't really read what is said. Happens to so many people I know too instead of phone conversations or in person meetings. Since I had this random thought, I thought this was the place to share it. This could be another great example of what I was talking about lol.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: griggs95 on February 23, 2018, 04:00:17 PM

LOL...are you playing with me? Your asking a question with an exclamation point is why I ask?

This comment that I made was based only on my current emails and texts with people who don't really read what is said. Happens to so many people I know too instead of phone conversations or in person meetings. Since I had this random thought, I thought this was the place to share it. This could be another great example of what I was talking about lol.

I couldn't agree more.  Our communication skills as a whole have taken a deep, deep nosedive in this day and age.  As an example, what I really despise lately is when you respond to a Craigslist add via text.  You take a a few minutes to type something up that's a few sentences long, ask 3 or 4 questions proof read it and make sure it makes sense and they reply back with the bare minimum and maybe answer one question.  What they're trying to do is put all of the burden on you to do all of the communicating so they can just sit back and answer yes or no.  I refuse to do it anymore.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

SHOdded

The one in need of the information always will have to put out far >>> effort than the responders.  Possibly the gap has grown over the years, as attention spans have shortened.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SilvererSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 23, 2018, 04:15:12 PM
The one in need of the information always will have to put out far >>> effort than the responders.  Possibly the gap has grown over the years, as attention spans have shortened.

Yes, but in the case I'm talking about they (should) have a vested interest in communicating since they are actually trying to sell something.  That's what's so bizarre to me.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

SHOdded

griggs95

Quote from: SilvererSHO on February 23, 2018, 04:10:35 PM
Quote from: griggs95 on February 23, 2018, 04:00:17 PM

I couldn't agree more.  Our communication skills as a whole have taken a deep, deep nosedive in this day and age.  As an example, what I really despise lately is when you respond to a Craigslist add via text.  You take a a few minutes to type something up that's a few sentences long, ask 3 or 4 questions proof read it and make sure it makes sense and they reply back with the bare minimum and maybe answer one question.  What they're trying to do is put all of the burden on you to do all of the communicating so they can just sit back and answer yes or no.  I refuse to do it anymore.

Funny how 'random thoughts' turn into small discussions lol. I've had the exact same experiences on Craigslist for a few years off and on with various people. Its as if they don't really want to sell the item but I know they do because they post it up...very odd.

Its hard though because I try not to participate with people like that but many times I'm forced too because you either work with that kind of person, or worse yet, are family. Nothing but a headache and wasted energy; and I HATE wasting time!

ZSHO

Emissions Testing Updated September 23, 2017

Many states require that your vehicle undergo either a safety inspection or an emission controls system inspection, or both. If your car or truck has failed inspection, you are probably frustrated. The first thing you need to do is to read up on your state's laws and criteria for failing the test. It varies from state to state, and some of the problems that get flagged may be relatively easy to fix.

Other problems may require in-depth work by an automotive mechanic, but either way, you will need to understand the problems, fix them, and then get the vehicle reinspected and passed if you expect to license it for road use.

Your car may fail an inspection for something as simple as a dangling muffler, for example.  Whether your car's OBD (on board diagnostics) system is showing a fault code or if it's your check engine light causing you to fail, you need to know what things need to be remedied and what to expect when you bring the car back for reinspection.

Also, if you are buying a car it is a good idea to first find out whether your state requires safety inspections. Many states have no inspection requirement at all, while others are very strict regarding this.

Following is a list of states and links to contact information pertaining to each state's vehicle emissions testing and safety inspection requirements:

Alabama - No Testing Required

Alaska
- Testing No Longer Required

Arizona - for information visit http://www.myazcar.com/

Arkansas - for information visit https://www.adeq.state.ar.us/air/planning/ozone/cars.aspx

California - for information visit https://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/Consumer/index.html?3

Colorado - for information visit www.aircarecolorado.com/

Connecticut - for information visit www.ctemissions.com/

Delaware - for information visit www.dmv.de.gov/services/vehicle_services/reg/ve_reg_emissions.shtml

Florida - Testing No Longer Required

Georgia - for information visit www.cleanairforce.com/

Hawaii - for information visit www.dmv.org/hi-hawaii/car-registration.php

Idaho - Testing Required Only in Ada County - for information visit www.emissiontest.org/

Illinois - for information visit www.epa.state.il.us/air/vim

Indiana - for information visit www.in.gov/bmv/2665.htm

Iowa - No Testing Required

Kansas - No Testing Required

Kentucky - No Testing Required

Louisisana - for information visit www.lsp.org/lse_form4.html

Maine - for information visit www.maine.gov/dep/air/mobile/enhancedautoinsp.html

Maryland - for information visit www.mva.maryland.gov/MVA-Programs/VEIP/veipinfo.htm

Massachusetts - for information visit for more info visit http://www.mass.gov/rmv/stations

Michigan - No Testing Required

Minnesota - No Testing Required

Mississippi - for information visit https://www.dmv.com/ms/mississippi/emissions-testing

Missouri - for more information visit www.dnr.mo.gov/gatewayvip

Montana - No Testing Required

Nebraska - for more information visit www.dmv.ne.gov/dvr/mvtitles/inspect.html

Nevada - Some Areas Require Testing - for more information visit www.dmvnv.com/emission_areas.htm

New Hampshire - for information visit www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/registration/inspections-emissions/index.htm

New Jersey - for information visit  www.state.nj.us/mvc/Inspections/

New York - for information visit dmv.ny.gov/inspection/inspection-requirements

North Dakota - No Testing Required

Ohio
- for information visit epa.ohio.gov/dapc/echeck/testing_info/tips_for_smooth_testing.aspx

Oklahoma - No Testing Required

Oregon - for information visit http://www.dmv.org/or-oregon/smog-check.php

Pennsylvania - for information visit www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/

Rhode Island - for information visit www.dmv.ri.gov/inspections

South Carolina - No Testing Required

South Dakota - No Testing Required

Tennessee - for more info visit http://www.state.tn.us/environment/apc/vehicle

Texas - for information visit www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/consumerinfo/emissionTesting.htm

Utah - for more info visit http://dmv.utah.gov/safety-and-emissions-inspections#emission
Vermont - for information visit dmv.vermont.gov/safety/laws/emissions

Virginia - for information visit www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/citizen/vehicles/emissions.asp

Washington
- for information visit www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/emissions.html

Washington DC - for information visit https://dmv.dc.gov/service/vehicle-inspections

West Virginia - No Testing Required

Wisconsin - Some Counties Require Testing - for information visit www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/vehicles/im.htm

Wyoming - No Testing Required

ZSHO