• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

The low level washer fluid is working as Designed. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Mpcop68

Hi Everyone, new to this forum, recently picked up a 2010 SHO, love the car so far. Does anyone know what TBS's may have come out on this vehicle. I did read that they may have had a transmission reprogram? My car shift kind of weird from second into third, it kind of "drags out the shift" not right into gear. Does anyone have any insight on this please. Thanks.

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F Mpcop68! Any pics of your SHO ?
How many miles?  Stock? mods?
TSB's related to the 10-12 SHO Below.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,496.30.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Since I might be loosing my company car to DD I have been working with my local ford dealership to find a low mileage SHO to DD... took at a look at 2015 SHO Non-PP today... black... 20K miles... everything sounded good but there was oil leaking around bank 1 between the head and the block.. it was soaking the entire back of the block.. not sure what that was from.. told them to call me when another one SHO's up.

SHOdded

Sure it wasn't a valve cover gasket leak?  that would be a fairly common thing on the Gen 4.2.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

X2 Gasket,seals and some new plugs. Z

sholxgt

I can attest to the valve cover leak issue.  Took the dealer two tries, but mine is sealed up tight for 15,000 miles now.

Strangely enough, my local dealer also has a 2015 non-PP Black SHO on their lot with the same miles.  What's the chances?

http://www.jackyjones.com/used/Ford/2015-Ford-Taurus-7f519b230a0e0a17779c935f67698cfc.htm?searchDepth=1:1

I looked at it yesterday when I was there for my last free oil change.  Looked good, but no PP and no moonroof left me leaving with my Lincoln.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

I unfortunately been busy as of late and just realized i'm on my last pale of Methanol and hopefully some resources will come thru and just don't want to get stuck paying the high cost of Hazmet fee.  Z  ::nonono:

This weekend is a no-go due to prep of Daughters B-Day.  Z

SHOdded

Ah, birthdays.  The party poopers of all poopers, LOL!  Congratulations and big hugs to the little Miss Z!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 06, 2017, 04:45:53 PM
Ah, birthdays.  The party poopers of all poopers, LOL!  Congratulations and big hugs to the little Miss Z!
MANU Much appreciated as she's officially a Teenager @ midnight.  Z 

sholxgt

Test drove a loaded 2014 F150 FX4 Supercrew 3.5EB today.  Man I want a truck again.  Loved everything except the price.  It had all of the creature comforts of my Lincoln, but could pull my trailers and haul junk when needed.  Just have to figure out if it's in the budget.

Would need a tune of course :)
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Macgyver

Quote from: sholxgt on October 07, 2017, 06:53:09 PM
Test drove a loaded 2014 F150 FX4 Supercrew 3.5EB today.  Man I want a truck again.  Loved everything except the price.  It had all of the creature comforts of my Lincoln, but could pull my trailers and haul junk when needed.  Just have to figure out if it's in the budget.

Would need a tune of course :)

While I was car shopping to get a small list together. I had it narrowed down enough to take the wife shopping. You know women.......

We were at a Ford dealer looking at their SHO's. I showed her "Truck" prices. She was shocked.

dubcitySHO

Quote from: Macgyver on October 08, 2017, 02:13:42 AMI showed her "Truck" prices. She was shocked.

I stopped and looked at a '14 FX4 ecoboost appearance package at a local stealership, and with 38k miles asking price was STILL $36k.  No thank you!
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....