• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Nice find Z!  Not my taste, but looks like a lot of money went into that project.  Strange choice of vehicle!
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

bpd1151

Ummmm yea...... not entirely sure about the "must see" part. But meh, to each their own.

I too can appreciate the time, talent, & treasure that went into it, but would NEVER follow the same path.

You know, what has always left me scratching my head on projects such as these, where 26" (or larger) diameter wheels are installed, & they don't ever consider upgrading brakes.

All those tiny @$$ factory rotors & calipers, after lobbing on heavy @$$ wheels, can't plausibly believe their whips are going stop better.

**SMH**

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 09, 2017, 08:03:40 AM
Ummmm yea...... not entirely sure about the "must see" part. But meh, to each their own.

I too can appreciate the time, talent, & treasure that went into it, but would NEVER follow the same path.

You know, what has always left me scratching my head on projects such as these, where 26" (or larger) diameter wheels are installed, & they don't ever consider upgrading brakes.

All those tiny @$$ factory rotors & calipers, after lobbing on heavy @$$ wheels, can't plausibly believe their whips are going stop better.

**SMH**

My guess is they are not worried about stopping better.... i doubt that will ever see a track..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Not even for track purposes (which I agree, you'd be hard pressed to see there for sure, entertaining it would be though. I know I'd laugh).

But I'm talking just mere stopping as a DD.

It's laughable to sling not only the sheer weight alone of each wheel to the car. But factor in the added rotational mass, etc. Geez.

Then drop all that coin on rims, only to peer through them and spy the tiny @$$ lil dinky & typically OEM rotors to boot. Ha!

Just is funny to see.

Meh. Like I said, just interesting.

sholxgt

I can't imagine what size rotor would be necessary for it to look right though.  Maybe it just needs a big clamp around the outer edge.  Bicycle style.  LOL
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

bpd1151

Ha! Now that's comical.

StealBlueSho

Sooo I am not a big fan of exterior cosmetics... BUT! Coming up with concepts for a Madmax style theme... just gotta find a root style blower! Honestly though... talking to a buddy who has a body shop...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

No root style... but the old run down beastly look totally does it for me...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on August 11, 2017, 09:47:43 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn:

No faith? I gotcha... no one wants to tear up a fairly new car... lol... if it only had a V8... but then it would be slower... last of the V8 interceptors... might end up being a charger... ha! Far from a Ford as depicted in the original two films..

SHOdded

well, can't pass up that V8 sound I suppose ...

SHOdded

StealBlueSho

Wife filled out the forum for the types of cars that may show up to pick up the kids from school....

"Ford SHO" was what she put down...I wasn't going to correct her.