• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Thanks it was indeed a scary event and even when doing 10-mph the car would not stop!!!!!  The vacuum line connector came loose which connects,feeds to the brake booster line when hitting the skinny pedal. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Does the braking system share the same vacuum as the turbos run off? I am guess yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 01, 2017, 01:28:19 PM
Does the braking system share the same vacuum as the turbos run off? I am guess yes?

I'm assuming. IDK. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on August 01, 2017, 01:27:11 PM
Thanks it was indeed a scary event and even when doing 10-mph the car would not stop!!!!!  The vacuum line connector came loose which connects,feeds to the brake booster line when hitting the skinny pedal. Z

thank you.. will need to inspect it.  Not sure mine will clamp..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

The reason I ask... I know on the LMS 4+X tunes (meth and non-meth) they make adjustments that effect the blow off valves. Sometimes they don't open, sometimes they open partially, and sometimes they open all the way to let off the excess boost. I am sure there is some logic to it, I just don't know what. Thats why you get the squawk noise when the BOV open. ANYWAY... if they don't open all the way or don't open at all, the boost pressure gets pushed back against the turbines in the turbo and create a lot of pressure in the vacuum lines. This is why those that run the higher LMS tunes need to clamp their vacuum lines. Nothing wrong with this, as I said, I am sure there is a reason.

If the system is shared with the brake booster, it could be causing excess pressure in those lines as well. I have a tune from Brad where it behaves similarly. Just might be a good thing to check ALL the vacuum lines regularly with those tunes. I am assuming again that they are shared systems.

I don't think you can clamp that hose? But I will tell you one thing.. if I can't, I would be looking for a way to secure it better that is a fact. I might even throw some JB Weld around it... going fast is fun, stopping is just as fun!

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 01, 2017, 02:10:14 PM
The reason I ask... I know on the LMS 4+X tunes (meth and non-meth) they make adjustments that effect the blow off valves. Sometimes they don't open, sometimes they open partially, and sometimes they open all the way to let off the excess boost. I am sure there is some logic to it, I just don't know what. Thats why you get the squawk noise when the BOV open. ANYWAY... if they don't open all the way or don't open at all, the boost pressure gets pushed back against the turbines in the turbo and create a lot of pressure in the vacuum lines. This is why those that run the higher LMS tunes need to clamp their vacuum lines. Nothing wrong with this, as I said, I am sure there is a reason.

If the system is shared with the brake booster, it could be causing excess pressure in those lines as well. I have a tune from Brad where it behaves similarly. Just might be a good thing to check ALL the vacuum lines regularly with those tunes. I am assuming again that they are shared systems.

I don't think you can clamp that hose? But I will tell you one thing.. if I can't, I would be looking for a way to secure it better that is a fact. I might even throw some JB Weld around it... going fast is fun, stopping is just as fun!

Yeah I need to take hard look ... I had no idea these cars can go **full brake failure** with *one* missing hose.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

ZSHO was it full brake failure or did you just loose the brake booster? I would get that the brakes still worked, just no "power" to them...

ZSHO

I appreciate the reply"s from all above. 
I use the brake booster line for vacuum reference in conjunction with the Tial BOV.
SBS I would say it felt like the brake booster line failing cause even when fully stopped in Drive the car would want to lunge foward and yes it felt like no power to the brakes.

I immediately found the vacuum connector loose telling me it was not fully connected to the intake manifold.
I simply pushed it back in until I heard it click into place making me think it was not fully seated and lesson learned. Z
I also found code C0021.

http://www.obd2-code.com/2017/05/abs-verification-test.html?m=1

lamrith

Z - Glad you were able to get slowed down and stopped.It sounds like you just lost booster assist, but if you literally could not stop the car at all, then I would say you need to have it looked at.

I thought it was required by DOT that a vehicle brake system could still stop the vehicle even in event of booster failure.  Hoses fail and I find it a bit concerning that a loose/busted hose made the car unable to stop.  Or maybe you need to work on muscles in that right leg?  :-p   :rofl2:
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

New Video from F.techmack on A/C system leak test. Z

http://youtu.be/0u3ZYcxpFrI

ZSHO

It's fine members such as bpd1151 and of course our very own SHOdded,FoMOCoSHo and others who are one of the originators who have pioneered the Ecoboost platform and devoted their time contributing to this fine forum which gives it that ADDED BOOST BY FAR.(Respectively).  Z
  :clap2: :clap2:
:thankyou:

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

92BlackGT

i'm loving this cooler air! the temps are down into the 60's tonight and the air is much drier.... she feels like a different car. i can't wait for october
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

bpd1151

Quote from: ZSHO on August 07, 2017, 10:51:03 PM
It's fine members such as bpd1151 and of course our very own SHOdded,FoMOCoSHo and others who are one of the originators who have pioneered the Ecoboost platform and devoted their time contributing to this fine forum which gives it that ADDED BOOST BY FAR.(Respectively).  Z
  :clap2: :clap2:
:thankyou:
Thanks Z.

Much appreciated. Difficult to believe sometimes that my SHO's already 7yrs old (almost 8yrs really come to think of it).

So many things I see being discussed now by newer members/owners are many of the topics that have been previously covered by myself, or a few of the other original crew of the Gen4 owners.

I still try to pop my head in here every now & then to contribute and/or clarify posts so as to maintain accurate info, but my last foray into this platform will entail custom drivetrain upgrades.

Well that, and a few other minor appearance mods to the interior. Other than that, I've touched just about every other aspect of this car as is humanly possible. It's a solid build overall I think, as do others who have seen it in person. So I am happy with its results for sure.

Still nice to see the spirit and excitement of the platform being carried on by the newer owners respectively. Always cool stuff.

Your own contributions to date, should not be overlooked, or taken lightly in the same token. Your info and due diligence as a staff member here, are equally inspiring and appreciated.

That said, I am now electing to get off your nutsack. Bwahahahaha.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Quote from: 92BlackGT on August 08, 2017, 03:50:48 AM
i'm loving this cooler air! the temps are down into the 60's tonight and the air is much drier.... she feels like a different car. i can't wait for october
Can't wait to see those time slips :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!