• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Here a new video from F.T.M on 2004-2017 Ford F-150 Rear Shock Replacement: Featuring Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks.  Z

http://youtu.be/NuytJh0gQ9I

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Jul 20, 2017 -Ford's 'golden noses' sniff out what drives the Chinese.  Z  :o

! No longer available

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I wish they made some similar covers for the Ecoboost Platform. Z.
2015-17 MUSTANG BILLET ALUMINUM ENGINE COMPARTMENT CAP COVER SET W/ LASER ENGRAVED FORD PERFORMANCE .
170.00-set

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-M50?cks=432128850&emailid=FP_FASTNEWS

sholxgt

Quote from: ZSHO on July 27, 2017, 07:27:04 PM
I wish they made some similar covers for the Ecoboost Platform. Z.
2015-17 MUSTANG BILLET ALUMINUM ENGINE COMPARTMENT CAP COVER SET W/ LASER ENGRAVED FORD PERFORMANCE .
170.00-set

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-M50?cks=432128850&emailid=FP_FASTNEWS

I agree!

Here are Shelby caps (not cap covers) for a 2v Mustang on the coolant reservoir and oil fill spout. 

The dipstick handle and brake reservoir cap did not fit, but at least it dressed it up a bit.  Would like to find out if there's a Mustang dipstick and brake cap that cross over.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

bpd1151

Z......

The directions state that those covers simply fit over, or slip on top of, the original factory plastic covers. They are held in place using double-sided tape.

That said, I see no reason why you, or anyone else couldn't make them work on the EB's.

Worth a try.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 27, 2017, 11:16:01 PM
Z......

The directions state that those covers simply fit over, or slip on top of, the original factory plastic covers. They are held in place using double-sided tape.

That said, I see no reason why you, or anyone else couldn't make them work on the EB's.

Worth a try.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
bpd1151 -your insight is always appreciated,thanks buddy. Z  :)

ZSHO

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

According to their website, these are actual emblems and not sticker overlays?
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

ZSHO

Quote from: FearlessAZ on July 31, 2017, 08:33:17 AM
According to their website, these are actual emblems and not sticker overlays?
These are the "real deal" OEM replacement.  Z  :)
Automotive-grade double sided tape included on back of emblem.
Sold in set of two emblems.

ZSHO

I will make my story short and sweet because i'm still a bit shook up after this incident and very fortunate that my experience was without incident.

I was driving my daughter to school early this morning and after that finally got in the highway and had some room to clean some cob webs out and went from 80-mph to 110-mph in matter of couple seconds to later find out that the brakes would not function and the brake light on dashboard came on followed by it beeping.

I was very fortunate to be able to stop and clearly was a wake up call.
I found the vacuum line connector popped off the intake manifold.  :o

I would reiterate,emphasize to any member to please check your vacuum lines periodically to verify that they are properly connected,secured to your intake manifold Tuned or not modified or not,just my 2 cent worth. Z

StealBlueSho

Wow!!!!!! That is scary! I am glad you and your daughter are both ok! Time to get some more clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

That would scare the bejeezus out of me too!  Glad everyone is ok!  Wonder why that thing popped off in the first place ... Second the call to clamps.

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 01, 2017, 12:13:14 PM
Wow!!!!!! That is scary! I am glad you and your daughter are both ok! Time to get some more clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad your ok! 

is there a closer shot ?  i clamped a bunch of crap about 2 weeks ago .. but am unsure if i covered your circled item.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction