• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

2013 XSport

SHOdded

Sad to hear ... terrible way to go ... RIP, Nicky.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

FWIW Took a gamble and ordered a set of four Climate Controlled Seat Filters which are 1cm x 8cm x 8cm for 22.00.on ebay which look identical to the SHO and others.
I will keep you updated on the fitment and what not considering they no longer make the media filter and only the housing. Z
[UPDATE] Discussion continued here.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6570.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

Zsho I can't tell in picture but isn't this the filter for sale on tasca site?

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/eu5z19e880b
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

ZSHO

Quote from: Sbouvia on May 23, 2017, 08:18:40 PM
Zsho I can't tell in picture but isn't this the filter for sale on tasca site?

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/eu5z19e880b
Its unfortunate that the new filters do not come with a Filter insert and only the Housing is available for purchase. Z
                                New Filter

Previous Filter.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,interior,climate+control+seat+filter,16790

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

So is that why the dealer is so expensive to change those filters? They wanted $100/side. Do the dealers just get the ebay version now as well? Have you tried them yet?
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

ZSHO

Quote from: Sbouvia on May 23, 2017, 08:43:03 PM
So is that why the dealer is so expensive to change those filters? They wanted $100/side. Do the dealers just get the ebay version now as well? Have you tried them yet?
The best of my knowledge they have been discontinued for quite some time now and hoping that the new set of filters will fit and should be in by next week.
I will certainly keep y'all updated on all counts.
Here's my very own thread regarding the filters. Z

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6570.0.html

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on May 17, 2017, 02:52:53 PM
I noticed today Travel link is active for any members with Sirius-XM until Memorial Day weekend,enjoy. Z  :)
I have never heard of this but with a quick look found what it is but does it only work for the nav units ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

Quote from: Gjkrisa on May 24, 2017, 09:41:47 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on May 17, 2017, 02:52:53 PM
I noticed today Travel link is active for any members with Sirius-XM until Memorial Day weekend,enjoy. Z  :)
I have never heard of this but with a quick look found what it is but does it only work for the nav units ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
IDK. Where you able to gain access to the Travel link feature? Z
BTW the promotion feature is only available if your current subscription with S-XM is active!!

ZSHO

Brand New vid from FordTEch Mack. Z
2011-2017 Ford 3.5L & 3.7L Duratec V6 Engines: Spark Plug Replacement

SPECS BELOW VIDEO.

ftp://

ZSHO

FLY Racing's LC2 Container!. thoughts!!. Z
ftp://

SHOdded

I am sorry, I lost my concentration part way through.  The video went into autoloop :P
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I found a great way to transfer your Pale of Methanol/E85 Fuel to another Container and such without spilling a Drop,hope this helps someone out . Z
Craftsman 2-1/2 in. to 1-1/4 in. Adapter $7.00

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-2-1-2-in-to-1-4-in/p-00916999000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=20&blockNo=20&blockType=G20#

SHOdded

These pipes are methanol/E85 compatible?