• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on April 11, 2017, 07:48:29 AM
I know there is always mention of checking the rear turbo hose/pipe becoming loose highlighted in red but sometime's we neglect to check the hose/pipe clamp highlighted in blue to make sure its nice and tight. Z

Feel free to use the pic.  Z
Do you have more pictures of the motor ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

Here are a couple of pics for anyone interested. :)  Z
   :)
                                        Feel free to copy it.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

I've had an intermittently squeaky belt for the last ~10k miles that I believe to be from some oil reside contamination following an engine cleaning after I found oil leaking out of my throttle body connection (I also cleaned my CAC, intake and installed an OCC at the time).

I purchased a replacement belt, but decided to try some SilGlyde as a quick fix for poops and giggles. A dime size dab on each side of the belt, and it was dead silent... for 3 days.

After a week, the squeak/squeal is substantially worse now, and it never really goes away (as it did before after warming up).

New belt goes on this weekend sans SilGlyde. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOdded

ah magical creams and fairie dust ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Where is our SHO ringtone?! ;-)

StealBlueSho

Hmmm 3 coronas in... Snow stage 1 and Snow stage 2 in my cart... choices choices choices......... not gonna use the progressive features of the stage 2..... but I do like the boost gauge/controller and bigger pump.....

AJP turbo

Well s*** or get off the pot...why snow?..wasnt there customer service and warranty details a problem ? I remember a member here got screwed..scoles maybe?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 14, 2017, 08:52:43 PM
Well s*** or get off the pot...why snow?..wasnt there customer service and warranty details a problem ? I remember a member here got screwed..scoles maybe?

Yea... he opened his controller though and broke the warranty void sticker. Apparently they are sticklers for that....

Not interested in alky kits...

AEM is interesting though...

Snow has a pretty good reputation though...

ZSHO

I was curious if anyone attempted or thought of installing a light inside the glove compartment and kinda feel left in the dark without it. Z

SHOdded

A couple people are going to try it in their Edge, kind of copying MKX design.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

I have read that too, pumps failing and not wanting to cover under warranty.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ShoBoat on April 23, 2017, 11:01:50 AM

I have read that too, pumps failing and not wanting to cover under warranty.

If you pay less than MSRP for the kits then they don't warranty it... crappy business model but it is what it is... all kits have pumps that fail...

Gjkrisa

Found this gem today
http://carperformance.se/?product=taurus-sync-3-android-system

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Have a android os so that you can run mirroring from your​ phone
All I see is a neater tq screen
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

New Video from FordTechMakuloco on 2013-2017 Ford 1.6L GTDI Ecoboost Engine: Spark Plug Replacement,hope it helps someone out.  Z  :)
ftp://! No longer available